M N C S

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by max401, May 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i've never seen such a scary -perfect- looking ascent.

And oddly enough, I don't know if I'd have the guts to buy into it... I like volatility I can see.

A stock like this will just one night gap down and everyone will be SOL.

... All for no apparent reason.

#51     Aug 11, 2006
  2. cut half my position to sleep easier

#52     Aug 11, 2006
  3. Agreed. Like I keep saying, it's highly speculative... but perhaps worth a few hundred or few thousand shares, even for the junior player that would go to AC or Vegas with the same amount and come back with zip, plus expenses.

#53     Aug 11, 2006
  4. Well, I don't know what the hell they're doing with the Harvard lawyer that specializes in M & A if the whole thing is a ruse.

This guy's bio is what allows me to sleep well at night:

"Mr. Gaines has been engaged in the private practice of law under the name of Richard D. Gaines & Associates, P.C. since 1986. From 1973 to 1985, he was an Associate and Partner (1975 to 1985) in the New York office of Fenwick & West. He received his B.A. from the University of Michigan in 1966 and his J.D. from Harvard Law School in 1969.

He has experience and expertise in contract litigation of all types, stock holder appraisal action, securities litigation under Rule 10b 5; employee terminations, dealer terminations, discrimination litigation of various types, unfair competition, sex and race discrimination cases and arbitration proceedings involving some of the above types of claims.

In addition, he has experience and expertise in mergers and acquisitions of public and private companies, private placements of debt and equity, general and limited partnership agreements, leveraged buyouts, divestitures of facilities and divisions, financings, trademark licensing and the licensing of other intellectual property; advising with respect to, and structuring, distributor networks for manufacturing and wholesale companies; advising on all phases of corporate activities, including employment agreements, personnel related problems, pension and profit sharing plans."

#54     Aug 11, 2006
  5. dont think there's much to worry eitherways, as u said there are incentives for the management to perform....it's just a guess but i see it at $15.

#55     Aug 11, 2006
  6. MNCS will keep going higher due to the mechanics of the stock. It trades in a very tight range desipite there are over 200K shares traded in a day. Most stocks in the $6 range with around 200K volume have a much greater intraday rading range.

The mechanics of the stock are simply amazing..never seen anything like it. Perhaps shorts are covering or maybe someone is aquiring it slowly by buying up the shares.

The management needs to get a move on though. Lets open up some damn 'pay and go' car dealerships already and getting some sales. Whats the hold up?

Long since 5

also, check out GOOG and CME

PEAZ_OUT

#56     Aug 14, 2006
  7. From today's PR blurb:

"The Company anticipates that its initial acquisition of an existing "Buy Here/Pay Here" auto dealership will close shortly and expects to pursue the acquisition of several additional dealerships interested in becoming part of Manchester. Manchester expects to grow rapidly as we move to acquire and operate "Buy-Here Pay-Here" automobile dealership businesses. FRB will assist in valuation and peer multiple analysis, disclosure duties as well as institutional and retail targeting."

#57     Aug 17, 2006
  8. good...i think the latest deal is already discounted in the stock price...but is the stock already pricin' in any other possible deals comin' trough?
    am closin' monitorin' the stock [and my pos] and i noticed that there are quite a few transactions that take place at the close that indicate to me some1 is accumulatin' heavely. 100/150lots always goion' trough near the close...that usually is also the low of the day.

#58     Aug 17, 2006
  9. Bitstream, why are you closing your position? Sorry if the answer is obvious.

Also, how are they controling the trading so tightly? If someone was accumulating huge, wouldn't the stock at least have a small pop?

#59     Aug 17, 2006
  10. dunno what got u the idea i wanna close my position but that's not the case, i think it got much more room to run and am in small so that if i lose it all i dont really care much. the stock keeps poppin' after nite bastids gap it in the mornin'...i think some1 is controllin' this sob, buyin' the open and fadin' the lunch break..only to re-fade buy orders near the close and buy the close itself...intent could be to not let it go outta range and mantain this predictable pace, so not to invite short sellers...this is just a guess tho.

#60     Aug 17, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.