lynx capital and prop trading in general

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by ncc2244, Jun 26, 2005.

1. remember the old addage you get what you pay for

u may pay more in the beginning but you will at least get training

def you can get a better deal elsewhere, but they'll hand you a computer and be like..go to work

other groups that charge more do so cause there is more "work" involved in teaching you

i do agree ...as someone posted earlier....if you can find a group givin out draws..they will train you even more

sit with a couple traders....most started just like you..they'll be honest with you and if they dont let you ask questions ...well then u dont wanna be there anyways..they obviously have something to hide

d

#11     Jun 26, 2005
  2. Nutzo

Nutzo

Just your lucky day!! I have a sweet deal for you ( see below )

5k deposit
    10:1 leverage intraday (1:1 overnight)
    .0040 per share
    Ability to trade at the beach with one hand on your keypad and the other inside your bathing suit while you watch young hinies bouncing around

PM me for funding instructions:cool:

#12     Jun 26, 2005
  3. Casey30

Casey30

1.2 cents a share is very high especially if you can get .6 at some firm. I know of one group that has somewhat extensive training and they charge 1.0 which I also think is high. In the end alot depends on the training. Also, many groups will offer training yet they may not even know how to really trade or effectively train.

#13     Jun 26, 2005
  4. Dustin

Dustin

Take the training and pay 1.2 cps for a while. Then switch to Genesis and pay .3 cps or lower if you do any size. 1.2 is a rip off, but maybe the training will be worth it.

#14     Jun 26, 2005
  5. Do a search on Lynx, it's been discussed more than a few times.

I been there and I would advice to stay away.

#15     Jun 26, 2005
  6. pux03

pux03

i traded there for about 9 months and the "training" consisted of two guys telling me what they did but they had no real knowledge of the markets or anything of that nature...i also found out later that my trainers were getting a cut of the commission so they taught me in a way so that I would trade a ton of contracts every day.

I also started out at 1.2 cents per share but that come down pretty quickly as I traded more contracts.

My advice to you would be to look for prop firms that pay you a salary like FNYS or some other firms....maybe look into trading something other then stocks (forex/futures) and you might be amazed at the deals that these type on non-equity trading firms are giving you.

#16     Jun 26, 2005
  7. i started there a few months ago and was actually quite happy with the training at lynx... throughout the day senior guys would come over and tell me about basic strategy (like block trading for instance) and explain how it worked.

Yes they didnt hold my hand completely but they gave me the tools i needed and were more than willing to explain anything that I didnt understand. Its the kind of thing that you get what you put in... if you ask a lot of questions and are eager to learn, they will definitely train you.

if you expect someone to sit next to you and tell you every symbol to type in and tell you where to enter and where to exit, you may be in the wrong industry... i hate to say it but prop trading requires a certain type of independent person. you need to take the advice ppl give you and develop your own ideas and strategies based on it.

by the way- nobody has stood behind me yelling about anything. I actually hold the opinion that the more senior guys have there have a decent idea of whats going on and have at least been able to transfer some of that knowledge to me.

they move you around between the senior traders so you get some input on their different styles (there are 4 or 5 senior guys that run the different rooms in the office)

by the way, i put up 5k and have 8/10 comish... with 2 weeks on the simulator. i know its somewhat high for the industry but i am gaining a lot from the collaborative atmosphere...

ive been pretty much profitable from the start.

PS. Hydroblunt bashes lynx over and over on this forum but never gives any reasons just says "stay away". seems a bit suspicious to me. can u give any specifics hydro????

#17     Apr 8, 2009
  8. NYC212

NYC212

seems alot of guys do that. trade for a firm with some training and then go to genesis for lower fees/comm

#18     Apr 9, 2009
  9. LOL at the shill resurrecting a 4 year old thread.

P.S. 8/10th is a rate from 6 years ago. At least keep your info updated if you're gonna shill.

#19     Apr 9, 2009
  10. propman21

propman21

Do not go there. You will not learn how to trade and you will waste a year of your life learning churning tactics with commission rates that make it impossible to trade the right way

#20     Jun 19, 2009