Lying On Your Resume

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by PokerJoe, Feb 25, 2007.

1. blast19

blast19

Being that if you were to get a job at a fund you'd basically be in the liars game anyway I'd see just how much you can lie about and then get away with...once hired come out of the closet with the truth and they'll probably promote you right away! Let's face it, funds and their managers are mostly lying pigs anyway and the ability to twist the truth/lie and get away with it is the #1 quality those swine are looking for....the fact that you're too busy thinking about it and not doing it makes me think you don't even have the balls.

I'd reject you for being too hesitant to lie. You think there's any room in the corporate world of finance for fair play?

NOTE: This post is/was meant as a joke but the more I thought about it the more what I wrote seems to ring fairly true. Glad I'm an independent trader and only go to Wall Street to laugh at the guys who have to wear suits everyday. :D

#31     Feb 25, 2007
  2. I found that the only way to get ahead at my job is to lie. If you lie, bend the truth, etc... people like lies... Kinda sad. However, I did NOT lie about something that's as easily verified such as my quals, resume, etc...

Just tell the head a lie, to get him/her off your back, return to your terminal and do it the RIGHT way.. When it's done...it's done the right way, but the desk head doesn't care how it got done, just I know that I lied that it was done (when it was not) and lied about the estimates (when I knew that I was padding too much time on)...

It's one big game of liar's poker....

Hellooo bonus time :)

#32     Feb 25, 2007