Lying On Your Resume

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by PokerJoe, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Even a broken clock is right twice a day! :D

AZD

#21     Feb 25, 2007
  2. What time is it anyways :)

#22     Feb 25, 2007
  3. Time for me to sign off for the day.

I encourage you guys to give the OP input that will not necessarily help him prosper in his career, but will help him prosper as a human being.

AZD

#23     Feb 25, 2007
  4. I suggest that you judge yourself before others...

he just wants to see how desparation effects decisions and integrity...can't you see that?

#24     Feb 25, 2007
  5. I'm not a salesman. No confidence. etc.

I had the brilliant idea of dropping out of college to work in a factory where they were hiring any live body.

One time management told me that every year the typical turnover rate was 100% every 3 months or so. I worked there from 1986 to 2002 until I went on medical leave.

Any position I had in the company was no easier than any other, but I felt compelled to pick up the slack of those that did not want to do their job. I guess they lied on their application about not being useless.

I should have left and gotten an easier job somewhere. Once I had gotten a steady job, I was afraid to leave because I cannot sell myself and cannot lie about me being more than what I am. Would that be modesty, lack of self-esteem, lack of confidence or just the truth?

I had always thought that you are supposed to tell the truth about serious things such as applying for a job. It's been 21 years since I looked for a job. Times have changed.

Karma. What goes around comes around. Eventually everyone gets caught in a lie. Depends on how good you are at BSing your way out of it. If you are good at it, go for it.

#25     Feb 25, 2007
  6. And what about you judging yourself before you judge others judging others? LOL :D

AZD (throws away the gavel and robe)

#26     Feb 25, 2007
  7. It took a lot of courage for the thread author to post this thread...

Should he regret that?

He just wants to see how desparation effects decisions and integrity...can't you see that?

I am retiring to a TV show :) sob

#27     Feb 25, 2007
  8. Ebo

Ebo

Electric Savant:

PLEASE DO NOT PM ME EVER AGAIN.

ebo

#28     Feb 25, 2007

9. Courage?
    It takes more courage to tell the truth about yourself than to lie about what you are not.

#29     Feb 25, 2007
  10. ok have it your way.

Back on-topic

Sometimes telling your children what they are doing wrong and how you disapprove creates more problems...this is not about us, but about desperation

#30     Feb 25, 2007