Lying On Your Resume

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by PokerJoe, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Folks,

This is a good thread. PokerJoe is an anonymous character on an internet board.

Selling yourself in a competitive marketplace can be hard.

You are all missing the academic portion/integrity of PokerJoes suggestion.

I think this thread can suggest to each and everyone of you...I mean really suggest in your hearts...what you know and are afraid to post about and ask...

PokerJoe Thank you for this thread and I understand that you would never do this...we all know this...understand we are all actors on a satirical stage...

The suggestions and issues are private and guests YOU DECIDE...

Again, Thanks for the thread.

Michael B.

#11     Feb 25, 2007
  2. If you think you won't get a job because of your resume you have bigger problems; no offense.

#12     Feb 25, 2007
  3. You know what you are lacking.

You know what you are good at.

But you don't know right from wrong.

#13     Feb 25, 2007
  4. and you never sold yourself short either...right?

#14     Feb 25, 2007
  5. remember the day when your parents told you to get a piece of paper and you took the easy psychology classes...

#15     Feb 25, 2007
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

There is a common sense approach to lying. The basic rule is, never lie about obvious things or that can be find out easily.

You can lie about being in France, if you can follow up with a little story and you know a bit about the country. But don't say you speak French, unless at least you can carry a short conversation in French.

Several times resumes are just a first obstacles/filters in getting a job and the job itself doesn't require the education level posted for the job.

But! In your case it seems the art major is not sufficient for pretending to be a math major. If you were an engineering major, I would say go for it, but not with your current major.

You can always try though, and tell us how it went....

#16     Feb 25, 2007
  7. "So, I ask: How bad would it be to fabricate one's resume to this extent? Surely I wouldn't be the first person to do so. I mean, they'd never find out, right?"

And what about the honest guys' resumes sitting right next to yours.

Aren't you cheating them out of a job?

If you ever get married and have children, how will you explain your career advancement to them? You will either be honest about lying, in which case it will send a message to them that lying is okay - thus spawning another generation of liars. Or you will lie about lying, tangling your web of lies even deeper.

AZD

#17     Feb 25, 2007
  8. If you sell yourself short, what are the margin requirements? :D :confused: :eek:

AZD

#18     Feb 25, 2007
  9. I think his query is quite revealing...how many are crossing the line and so desperate...

#19     Feb 25, 2007
  10. AZD,

thanks for understanding...you got it!

#20     Feb 25, 2007