lurking for new members

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by MWS417, May 17, 2003.

1. MWS417

MWS417

I wonder how efffective it is for the people who watch for "welcome to our newest member" to pounce on them and try to sell them something.

I seldom log on to ET. I do read many posts, but since I do not enter my own, I find it unnecessary to log on. I didn't even register until very recently (although I have been a regular "reader" for about a year or so.

Today I logged on because I felt like giving a response to something someone said.

In my mailbox was the following. If ever anything smelled like a scam, I couldn't imagine it being more blatant than this ("limited to 10 members....hahahahaha).

Earning over 300% average a month?
    Dear Fellow Trader:

If you are one of the few successful traders enjoying a profitable career, I offer my congratulations and best wishes for continued success. Please pardon this intrusion.

However, if you are one of the vast majority of individuals still seeking the dream of consistent, highly profitable daytrading income, this message will direct you to your dream come true.

Average 7 S&P points daily with minimal drawdowns. Based on maintaining your account at twice day-trade margin, your monthly return is over 300%.

I know this is hard to believe. So, don't take my word, see for yourself! Receive FREE live real-time trade signals including up to the second stop and exit management.

You owe it to yourself to surpass your doubts and confirm the reality for yourself?

Final membership will be strictly limited to just 10 members. For those who do not have the time or desire to trade all day we will trade your account for you.

For further, no obligation, information please email us at: __________@yahoo.com

I can't wait to get my "no obligation" packet. I am so excited. 300% a month!!

Well I should run now. Need to go yacht and jet plane shopping. I will let you all know how it works out.

(the soon to be very rich) Michelle

2. I definitively agree. Love2trade is clearly a tout.

Please warn/discipline/kick him (her) out.

3. funky

funky

i hit the ignore on this guy long time ago.....

4. Toonces

Toonces

Is there some way to mass-pm everyone on this board? I got the same message. I wonder how many pm's he sent out. It would be a good idea to disallow the ability to mass-pm members. Although this is the first time I can remember being spammed through a pm at this site.

5. One way to test this phenomenon is for us old-timers to create ourselves a new user account and see if we too get spammed with snake oilers...

6. Love2trade is a new guy. Sorry!

7. kavonbob

kavonbob

Ooh,

I just registered and got 2 emails telling me I can,

"Earning over 300% average a month"

If I sign up twice with them does that mean I get 600% per month. If I can start with $1000, then in one year I will be worth more than the US GDP!!!!!!! Can't wait.

Kavon

8. jester

jester Guest

KavonBob,

you know that "ooO-(GoldTrade" and Love2Trade are more than likely the same spammer......now he'll come back and deny this right away...but I think he defended Love2Trade rather quickly

9. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I appreciate the feedback.

Love2trade has been banned. If anybody receives any other SPAM through the private messaging system, please send me the name of the user who spammed you by shooting me a PM or email at baron@elitetrader.com

#10     May 19, 2003