Lundy's Pictures and Videos

Discussion in 'Journals' started by lundy, Mar 6, 2009.

1. volente_00

volente_00

The one defining characteristic of successful traders is their refusal to quit in the face of adversity

#11     Mar 9, 2009
  2. Dustin

Dustin

Not quitting is one thing, teaching others is something entirely different.

#12     Mar 9, 2009
  3. nkhoi

nkhoi

take out the word refusal and you have his record summed up.

#13     Mar 9, 2009
  4. volente_00

volente_00

Actually there is a wealth of knowledge that can be learned by losing.

#14     Mar 9, 2009
  5. lundy

lundy

Hey Dr. Zhivodka,

yeah, I'm on Oahu, but I have visited Tahoe a couple of times to snowboard. Last season I was at Heavenly. It was great, powder every day for a month.

#15     Mar 9, 2009
  6. lundy

lundy

This was me, it was about 9-10 years ago.
    I was new to trading and about 21 yo.

Thank you for stopping by.

#16     Mar 9, 2009
  7. lundy

lundy

Here is a summary of todays trading and related activities.

I over traded and ended up with about a $500 loss + commissions.

I also had some technical difficulties with daylight savings as well as just operating the mic in the video chat and also with internet disruptions. A pretty big storm hit Hawaii today.

Tomorrow will be better.

I'll post pictures of the summary chart with entries and exits when I can. I may wait for the weekend and post them all.

I read all the comments and I thank you all for your support. I wish you all success.

Please stop by tomorrow to watch the live video chat and I encourage you to join in the chat.

#17     Mar 10, 2009
  8. lundy

lundy

It was a good day today. Positive PNL making up yesterdays loss plus some. I still had problems with my charts, but it was a good day.

Tomorrow, I should have the entries and exits for all trades shown on the chart.

I would like input on what sort of signals people want to see and hear about. I have gathered that most people don't care for scalping but what size of a move do people want to see in a signal.

I ask this not for my own trading, as I am happy to take less than 1.5 points during lunch or choppy sessions and look for 3+ when there is range.

But I had a guy stop by my video chat and see me with his own eyes take a few trades for + .75, +.50, +.1, and then criticize me saying I only take a few ticks. Others have also expressed that they don't want to learn how to scalp.

What is your opinion... should I limit the "trading calls" in my chat to signals that I think can move 3-4 points? Mind you, my trading is with very low risk because my stops are 1 point and under generally. Is this too small for most people?

All I hear about these days is 10 points, 15 points, 18 points, blah blah, but where are the stops? Where are the low risk entries? I hear this kind of crap on paltalk, irc, etc etc.

Thanks for your input.. And nothing is charged for my video chat, it is really just a beta. I am not selling snake oil, and not selling anything. So all critiques are accepted but please be civil, not for my sake since I can take it, but for the sake of a productive experience for all those who take the time to read.

#18     Mar 10, 2009
  9. lundy

lundy

Volente - "The one defining characteristic of successful traders is their refusal to quit in the face of adversity"

Nkhoi - "take out the word refusal and you have his record summed up"

So, I took out the word refusal and I have this:

"The one defining characteristic of successful traders is to quit in the face of adversity."

Lundy - "I quit something when I can't see a positive outcome. If again I see a positive outcome, I may take that up again. "

Nkhoi, think and say positive things, and your life will change to the better. Not that it's bad, I don't know, but it's true nonetheless.

If you say 100 times a day " I will be successful ", you will. The key is not stopping and finding ways to overcome adversity. It may take time, and change. Maybe not in this lifetime.

Good luck and I wish you the best.

#19     Mar 10, 2009
  10. nkhoi

nkhoi

my comment was based on your past posting record, maybe this time is different, good luck to you too.

#20     Mar 10, 2009