Lunatic Keith Olbermann Suspended From MSNBC

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tom B, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Tom B

Tom B

Lunatic Keith Olbermann Suspended From MSNBC Indefinitely Without Pay

MSNBC has suspended star anchor Keith Olbermann following the news that he had donated to three Democratic candidates this election cycle.

"I became aware of Keith's political contributions late last night. Mindful of NBC News policy and standards, I have suspended him indefinitely without pay," MSNBC president Phil Griffin said in a statement.

Politico reported Friday that Olbermann had donated $2,400 each to Reps. Raul Grijalva and Gabrielle Giffords of Arizona, and to Kentucky Senate contender Jack Conway. While NBC News policy does not prohibit employees from donating to political candidates, it requires them to obtain prior approval from NBC News executives before doing so.

In a statement earlier Friday, Olbermann defended his donation, saying, "I did not privately or publicly encourage anyone else to donate to these campaigns nor to any others in this election or any previous ones, nor have I previously donated to any political campaign at any level."

Griffin's statement underscores that it was Olbermann's failure to obtain approval, and not the actual political donations, that prompted the suspension.

The move is significant in that it represents a major development in the relationship between Griffin and Olbermann, who once told the New Yorker, "Phil thinks he's my boss."

"Keith doesn't run the show," Griffin told New York Magazine recently. "I do a lot of things he doesn't like. I do a lot of things he does.
    Get HuffPost Media On Twitter, Facebook, and Google Buzz! Know something we don't? E-mail us at media@huffingtonpost.com

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/05/keith-olbermann-suspended_n_779586.html

2. Hmm, the timing is interesting after the idiotic performance
    he put in on election night.

Either way, he's a complete jackass .

3. Hello

Hello

Agreed. I wouldnt be surprised to hear he is looking for a job after this. He is the most obnoxious person i have ever seen, his entire show is him acting condescending and angry towards people, there is a reason why they are the lowest rated channel in cable news, Keith Olbermann being the main reason

The only guy who compares to olbermann in terms of stupidity is glenn beck, followed closely by hannity.

4. Maverick74

Maverick74

You know, I think they wanted to get rid of him for a long time and this presented the perfect opportunity. His ratings are atrocious. Bill O'Reilly beats him like 10 to 1 in that time slot every night. I think they were looking for an excuse to put someone a little less controversial in there. You can't just throw away your 8pm Eastern time slot like that. It kills the ratings for the follow up shows as well, not that Rachel Maddow needs any help getting low ratings.

5. Damn it! I was really hoping for the Olberman/Grayson news hour. They could have advertised it, You thought we were nut's yesterday...:D

6. Hello

Hello

Maybe grayson will be his replacement. Here is the new msnbc opening theme song. :D

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dO1PYvloBtk?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dO1PYvloBtk?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

7. bpcnabe

bpcnabe

What organization would hire him? MSNBC long ago sold their soul to the left making them so extreme that NBC News wants to disassociate themselves from the lot and force a name change on their brethren.

He's running short on job opportunities. Remember, they just canned his ass from SNF too.

Maybe they will give him a weekly political commentary show on HBO like Maher.

8. bpcnabe

bpcnabe

Grayson might still get the slot.

9. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I actually managed to never watch Olbermann once, not even for a minute.

10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Other than a few youtube clips posted here I've never watched him either.

But then I don't watch soap operas either.

#10     Nov 5, 2010