Lumber/Plywood

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by kmiklas, May 22, 2021.

1. kmiklas

kmiklas

Stopped by the hardware store today.

Two things about the attached pic:

1. USD73.25 for a sheet of less-than-half-inch plywood?

2. Why is our measure of plywood in 32nds? Are the plywood makers moonlighting as bond traders? FRACTIONS!!!

Last edited: May 22, 2021
    KCalhoun likes this.
  2. kmiklas likes this.
  3. Saw a pic online of the bed of a pickup truck with 2 sheets of plywood... with the caption, "We get it... you're rich!"

LOL!

jys78 likes this.
  4. Vtechno

Vtechno

I noticed the same thing at the lumber yard.

Scrappers are going to stop ripping out copper pipes and start ripping off roof and wall sheathing.

5. Dear lord. The beginning of the end started even sooner than I thought it was...

DiceAreCast likes this.
  6. kmiklas

kmiklas

Lumber by the gram...

countryBoy641 likes this.
  7. Insane prices. Wow.

8. S2007S

S2007S

Lumber is about to drop...don't be surprised by a 30% drop coming soon.

All assets in a bubble.

And just wait for housing prices to drop. All those idiots buying now will be holding out for a long time before their equity is back up. People overpaying for houses by tens and tens and tens of thousands, in some cases hundreds. Waiting in line at open houses just shows you how we forget about past asset bubbles.

kmiklas and KCalhoun like this.
  9. OK, I share your wishful thinking. But what is the catalyst for lower property prices in areas with constant supply shortages?

10. vanzandt

vanzandt

Hahaha. That's actually a good question.

Its as old as civilization itself..
    One would would think using decimals would be easier, but back in the day they didn't have precision instruments to graduate tiny units of measure that could be say.... drawn on a diagram, and then shared or copied later by someone else in absence of that diagram.

BUT.... you can take any arbitrary length, it doesn't matter.... you can fold it once and get 1/2; fold it twice and get 1/4; again, 1/8. 1/16, 1/32, 1/64.

It was how mason's on passed designs across borders and built the great temples and palaces of Europe.

#10     May 23, 2021
    Sprout and Vtechno like this.