Ludwig Von Mises

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RCG Trader, Oct 3, 2012.

1. What?

#41     Oct 4, 2012
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Yeah, I honestly have no idea what the hell he (wjk) was talking about either.

#42     Oct 4, 2012
  3. But back to Mises. I had not studied Mises until very recently. The problem is this. The Bernank has committed to easing until.......until.

So, we are going to live or die by the Keynesian model. There is no way to unwind it now anyways. While terminal velocity has not been reached, it is clear to see a bearish divergence between money supply and productivity. As you know if you are a technician, this is going to roll over at some point. I just wonder what will start the panic.

#43     Oct 4, 2012
  4. I see us as LTCM in slow motion.

#44     Oct 4, 2012
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Romney gets elected, Bernanke is out. At that point, it only remains to see if Romney replaces him with another joker or with someone who can right the monetary ship.

#45     Oct 4, 2012
  6. pspr

pspr

But you understand what RCG is talking about, Tsing? RCG is just a babbling idiot. When you deconstruct his sentences they make very little sense. If anything he is getting worse with his mumbo jumbo babble.

#46     Oct 4, 2012
  7. CT10Gov

CT10Gov

If you want to be critical - there's certainly lots of things to be critical of - at least get the school of economics right.

Bernanke and his policies are monetarist, not keynesian. There's a world of contention between the two.

#47     Oct 4, 2012
  8. wjk

wjk

I was responding to this:

I also found it amusing that a committed liberal is indicating a concern about Keynesian economics. Rather unexpected. (I should have included the quotes in my earlier response).

#48     Oct 4, 2012
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

You may not like him or what he says, but this thread is evident that he is trying to learn all about Mises, and that, in my opinion, earns him a star in my book.

#49     Oct 4, 2012
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

This is absolutely true. But monetarists are really just Keynesians who practice monetary policy instead of fiscal! :)

#50     Oct 4, 2012