LTCM part Deux

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by bathrobe, Mar 27, 2008.

1. bathrobe

bathrobe

I like your name, funny :D I don't think it is fatal either, considering his past I thought it was note worthy also it is still relatively early in the year.

#11     Mar 27, 2008
  2. From someone who unlike many on this site who has actually been inside the industry and seen the ridiculous amount of money these people make I can see your point to a degree about bloated though I take issue with fraudulent.

When you get down to it I see a lot of very jealous people on here who if they were given a shot at earning the $$ these guys make would jump at it and since most never will try to feel better about themselves by acting all pious about the bad old hedge fund industry and cheering the occasional blowup that hits the news wires. Sad very sad

#12     Mar 27, 2008
  3. I read somewhere that 80% of junk funded takeovers went bust within 5 years.

#13     Mar 27, 2008
  4. bathrobe

bathrobe

I take back the fraudulent claim; my father worked in the industry and is responsible for my love for it. Without it I do not believe I could find a job that I like. I love the industry and should not have used the word fraudulent, I just think after the LTCM debacle to be back in the thick of the industry in such a short time is a bit crazy, that said I know LTCM had stellar returns up until the crisis with Russian currency.

As far as the hedge fund industry goes, I believe it is great for all involved, outsiders who speculate on a story they saw on Neil Cavuto are uninformed and I agree that jealousy plays a large factor in the insults that HF's get. Do not get me wrong I am completely pro hedge fund.

#14     Mar 27, 2008
  5. Junk bonds?
    Maybe they do help companies, but only in bouying economies where easy money is a given (both for loans and from customer purchases).

Sub-prime Mortages?
    As far as sub-prime mortages being used to "help" people who otherwise would not be able to afford them buy homes you must be kidding me. They were used to find another source of exploitative revenue ... one which has turned around and bitten the industry not only on the ass, but clean through the ass cheeks.

Tell me again how these mortagages are helping the volumes of people being laid off from the banks who invested in the sub-prime mortgages? ... LMAO :p

#15     Mar 27, 2008
  6. cant see how hedge funds can charge what they do in fees and make money over the long term...

brokers, investment banks and hedge funds keep fvcking their customers, from the '80s junk bond scams to the dot com scams to the current day CDO-SIV-CMO bust...

is it any wonder why the street is crying for bailouts?

#16     Mar 27, 2008
  7. Listen Inmate, you have no clue do you? An absolute fool! You have proven to me that apart from being a stupid convict descendant, you are an idiot to boot!

#17     Mar 27, 2008
  8. Thanks for your insight matey.

#18     Mar 27, 2008
  9. LOL, you make the industry sound slezier than the one that Spitzer loves to frequent: Spizer caught with hos again

.. man, the human condition.

#19     Mar 27, 2008
  10. it is

#20     Mar 27, 2008