Lowry 90% down day update

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Runningbear, Jul 2, 2002.

1. Pound

Pound

I wonder now that everyone is in search of 'the anatomy of a bottom' what will the new market bring? Maybe another roaring bull market back up to the 5000 level? No one would believe it, huh?

_____Pound

2. I calculated the Lowry %s for the SP500 and today it is as follows:

Points down: 96.49%
    Volume Down: 89.72%

Lowry runs their calculations on the NYSE stocks.

I am having some trouble obtaining data on just NYSE stocks, so I am going to run a calculation on the Russell 3000 and will post later.

3. Russell 3000 excluding Worldcom's 800million:

89% down volume
    94% down points

4. Thanks for this post. I've been wondering about this. Gabriel, can you tell me how you calculate the values? Also, I think a bottom must be confirmed by all the majors...

5. According to Prechter, a true bottom hasn't occured until noone wants to have anything to do with stocks (according to popular sentiment).

Of course, there can be bounces great and small absent the utterly dismal sentiment.

6. trdrmac

trdrmac

7. Bob111

Bob111

-------According to Prechter, a true bottom hasn't occured until noone wants to have anything to do with stocks (according to popular sentiment).

------i agree with this definition.
    last two days of extreme selloff can be sign of MAYBE short term bottom, but i think, we did not see capitulation yet.
    VIX too low and public still buying.....look at XLNX,CHKP))))))) up today))

8. I wish I could remeber where I read this, but it goes something like (paraphrasing) "the market will do whatever it has to, to take the most money from the most people"

#10     Jul 2, 2002