lowest tax state in the nation.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Ricter

Ricter

No, logic "says so". If they are not reimbursed 100% of the taxes collected and sent to Pierre, then they are paying some tax.

#21     Apr 26, 2011
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Their web site says 205.

http://www.sioux.org/English/category1.cfm?flag=1

The Standing Rock reservation to the North also apparently has a few businesses.

"The district also operates businesses such as the Bear Soldier Bingo, Big Foot Bingo in Little Eagle, bingo operations in Cannon Ball, Fort Yates and Porcupine which support their local districts. Bear Soldier has a grocery store, Cannon Ball has a convenience store/gas station, Bullhead has a trading post and Little Eagle has a laundromat. Enrolled members of Standing Rock own their own businesses: The Standing Rock Cable Vision Inc, White Buffalo Store, Missouri Drift Inn, Taco Johns, Henry’s Standard, Tim's Conoco & Laundromats, Richie's Ponderosa Plaza, Beauty Saloon, Pelican lounge and restaurant, Missouri Drift Inn Video, Pelican Video, and Sweat Shop Gym in Fort Yates.

There are non-Indian owned businesses throughout the reservation, primarily in McIntosh and McLaughlin, South Dakota and in Selfridge and Solen, North Dakota.
    "

#22     Apr 26, 2011
    #23     Apr 26, 2011
  4. elon

elon

The indians figured out how to live without businesses? Well then maybe they should show us how! That way we won't have all these nasty financial crises.

#24     Apr 26, 2011
  5. you ever been to a poor reservation? one that doesnt have gambling? they dont have anything.

#25     Apr 26, 2011
  6. Mnphats

Mnphats

While I never find myself agreeing with free thinker on anything, he is right in regards to the reservations in South Dakota. These areas are some of the roughest and poorest areas that can be found in America, literally third world type stuff. I believe Pine Ridge has the highest murder rate per capita found in the US. There is virtually no economic base in the area, remember this is extremely remote and desolate area of the country and if you want to visit you had better bring a local. Yes I have been to these reservations, its bleak to say the least.

http://news.change.org/stories/americas-third-world-pine-ridge-south-dakota

#26     Apr 27, 2011