Lowest spreads on the EUR/USD?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by TraderGreg, Aug 23, 2008.

1. cstfx

cstfx

No, that was kinda sleazy of vCap to do that to ensnare those looking for HotSpot.

The correct link (direct) is http://www.hotspotfx.com/.

Just so you know, there are 2 different front ends that they have and it depends on your geographic location. And before anyone starts pissing and moaning about how one platform is so much better, etc., get over it. The pros (FXi) use the old style not the new front end. The retail boys like the pretty stuff!

#11     Aug 24, 2008
  2. Thank you very much for your help, cstfx. It seems I like the general charts on TOS (very good, but only go down to 1 min, rounded pips), the detailed Oanda charts (plotting tenths of pips on frames of 5 secs, 10 secs, 30 secs), and the spreads on hotspot (EUR/USD seems about the same on Oanda and hotspot, but the spread is much better for the EUR/JPY, which has better movement in Asian hours -- I need a flexible trading session). I don't have the $3,000 spare needed for an IB account, but they will be in the back of my mind as well.

Seems like I have some decisions to make.

#12     Aug 24, 2008
  3. If you're serious about asian hours maybe you should look at the asian indexes not currencies. The good spreads and moves in currencies are heavily weighted to European and US mornings.

#13     Aug 24, 2008
  4. I understand what you are saying. The problem with me is that I don't have enough funds to make trading asian indices and equities worth my time (nor american for that matter). For options, the daytrading regulations would apply.

As for futures, this would be a possibility, but again the margin requirement and leverage would be too large for my account (only about $1200 to be honest).

I am comfortable trading forex, I think 2-3 pip spreads on the EUR/JPY will fit my style well enough (I will likely move to the EUR/USD during Christmas and summer anyway), and I like the margin and movement of forex for right now.

Thank you for your answer.

#14     Aug 25, 2008