Lowest Price Paid for MultiCharts >> 6 Months

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by BellWeather, Feb 28, 2012.

1. RAY

RAY

Before you know it, they will force you to join Facebook and 'like' their product...

#21     Mar 21, 2012
  2. Ray,

Thanks for chiming in with something not relevant to the thread at all. I know you started another thread on the topic of Facebook liking, which you coincidentally didn't like - http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showt...6&highlight=multicharts facebook&pagenumber=3

Any questions asked in that thread were answered, so I don't understand your desire to carry on a conversation about something that doesn't exist anymore.

#22     Mar 22, 2012
  3. Maybe he's "carrying on" because MC hasn't issued a straight-ahead apology for the business conduct he highlighted?

#23     Mar 22, 2012
  4. RAY

RAY

Actually it is relevant.

The OP has concerns about Multicharts and your business practices.

As an example, YOU offered a product to the trading public. Then you begun to make additional demands for the product, and then out of the blue you SHUT IT DOWN (even locked the entire forum about the product).

Are you going to erase all those super cool Facebook likes?

IMO, I agree with the OP, and how you all handled the product you just shut-down would give anyone pause.

PS: I also think you should have "multicharts" with your username like the other sponsor posters on this site.

Hint: You are not doing yourself (Multicharts) any favors with your performance so far. If you have more concerns about this topic I'll gladly point them out. Your Welcome

#24     Mar 22, 2012
  5. Multicharts is excellent software with great customer service. I've made back my investment in the product many times over. I don't understand your reluctance to pay a very reasonable retail price for a top-of-the-line product.

#25     Mar 22, 2012
  6. MultiCharts DT was a FREE product, completely free, giving away years of research and development for ... free. The product MCDT was created and intended as a promotional tool for the MultiCharts brand, to make more people aware of the flagship full platform. Give away something free - gain exposure.

In the modern social world, pressing the Facebook Like button is a way to share with your friends a great free tool that you found. In exchange for giving away a free product, MC requested that you tell your friends about it through the most common social medium used in the world today. Do you have to "Like" a product that you pay for? Of course not. Because you paid for it.

It just boggles my mind, how some people complain about something they get for free.... To me it's like getting a gift for Christmas, and complaining that it's hard to unwrap, it's not what I wanted, etc.

There is absolutely nothing to apologize for in this business practice.

#26     Mar 22, 2012
  7. I don't know who you are or care really. It just reconfirms that there are problems going on at MC.

Anyhow, have stated form the first post respect for the product and the platform available to traders.

So when can I take advantage of one of these yearly "sales" for the lifetime license? I am ready to buy. And why is there not a higher percentage of credit given to me who has paid to use the product then just someone calling out of the blue and receives the same percentage discount?

Yes, you do have bad business practices. Just my opinion.

#27     Mar 22, 2012
  8. Well, if a customer needs to "exchange" (your word) his reputation and good name among his peers for the use of product, then the product isn't "free," except in a tightly-defined cash money sense... If you required customers to walk around Boston Common wearing a sandwich-board promoting MC, would the product still be "free" in your mind?

But of course it's your prerogative to market your product any which way -- it's a free country -- and I admire your ingenuity and industry.

#28     Mar 22, 2012
  9. Email me directly at sbokov@multicharts.com to discuss your price situation - I'll see what I can do. Make sure you mention you are bellweather so I know.

#29     Mar 22, 2012
  10. Syprik

Syprik

Your "opinion" strikes me as that of a sly generation Y in their late teens/early 20's. How are there problems at MC because they decide to stop supporting a ***FREE*** platform and re-allocate programming resources back to the main for-profit product? Is it not possible the MCDT "public exposure" venture did not work as expected and they made a route-altering business decision in effort to protect loyalty of current and future paid clients? When you grow up one day, you'll realize relying on free software products that are central to a business plan (ex, trading), you are especially susceptible to operation shock.

So, you don't want to pay retail? Too bad, so sad. Either save up the necessary capital, politely attempt to establish a discount in private (it never hurts to try with all trading vendors & brokers), wait for a discount sale if such an event ever happens, or move on to another platform. Trying to unfairly and publicly paint Multicharts into a corner because you are not sufficiently capitalized is entirely pathetic.

Where does it state on the website that if you subscribe for 3-months you will get corresponding expenditure ($297), thus discount, put towards a lifetime license?

Perhaps start a more fitting & mature thread, and ask how to write off overhead costs, such as front-end software, against taxable gains?

It looks like you have a history of not wanting to pay for the most basic essentials. I'm sure you'll do just great in this profession.

"BellWeather
    02-16-08 09:37 AM

I would like to start trading this market, but can't justify paying $60.00 to collect and have access to just one symbol?

What is the latest word for the possibility of the $60.00 fee just for the YM being reduced or rebundled?"

#30     Mar 22, 2012