Lowest Price Paid for MultiCharts >> 6 Months

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by BellWeather, Feb 28, 2012.

1. How? No charting/backtesting software generates money and a return. Multicharts is one of the best for the job but that doesn't mean it makes a return on investment. It's your own personal work, time invested and ability to come up with an edge that makes the return. It's the same return whether you use Multicharts, Amibroker, Metastock, NinjaTrader, etc.

#11     Mar 21, 2012
  2. Bellweather,

Just to add clarity, MultiCharts' regular retail price has been 1497 for several years now. The only time it's lower is during special promotions. If you want to purchase a lifetime at a lower than standard retails price, look our for sales that usually happen several times a year.

#12     Mar 21, 2012
  3. No, the lifetime license is for the user's lifetime, not the company's. What makes you think otherwise?

#13     Mar 21, 2012
  4. You do not know what you are talking about. The license or recent prices.

It is a DRM software license. It verifies against a server to allow you to run the software, on the computer that you own, with a license that you effectually lease ......"but own." If they company goes out of business+server goes dark....you can't run the software. Do you understand this???

I like the product. To see how far they have come in development while being in tune to traders' suggestions - it is a tremendous accomplishment.

They just are doing stupid stuff that are telltale signs that all is not well. This has been mentioned within the past week on ET.

I want to by the software. And yes, I am not happy with their games for arriving at prices. I have paid the $297 for a 3 month lease. A person can get the same discount as myself after paying $297. What...??? Plus the other games for tradeins, and the fact that the price went up 50% in the past 6 months.

$1497 for software with DRM.....

#14     Mar 21, 2012
  5. just21

just21

What is the alternative? I didn't like the charts in www.amibroker.com which is $279 for three software upgrades.

#15     Mar 21, 2012
  6. I do know what I am talking about...

All software is licensed to the user (it's in all the agreements), which means you are licensed to use it, but you don't own it. I am fully aware that MC uses a DRM system, and should the company be sold or otherwise switch from the existing model, all previous obligations will be fulfilled - i.e. a copy without DRM will be released to all licensed users. Otherwise, can you imagine the number of lawsuits from angered users?

A lifetime has been $1497 for at least two years, and that is a fact, with free upgrades for all license owners. Version 6.0 was $1497 and maybe even 5 and 5.5 too. The price was lower several years ago because it was a different product - it could a fraction of what it can today.

Not sure what you mean by games with prices.... As any other company, there are different offers. Currently there is an offer to existing owners of competitors' lifetime licenses, where they can purchase a lifetime of MC for $997 when they present proof of ownership. It's designed to make it easier to add another trading tool to your arsenal without giving up what you already bought, and save you money given that you already spent some on other software.

The $297 you spent on a 3 month license does not count toward your lifetime license, that's true. There is no lease-to-own program. You can simply choose the option that suits you best at a particular time, given your financial and other circumstances at the time of the purchase. If you are sure you have use for MC long-term then lifetime is the best value-for-money option.

#16     Mar 21, 2012

7. You obviously work for MC.

And if the company should go under then....DRM will be fully honored with a password? Pressing a lawsuit against a company that no longer exists? Good luck. We live in a different world were promises and "written agreements" mean nothing....nothing. Does MF Global set the bar now?

Why are you concerned about given me a discount for products that are 11 years old, but give nothing for money in the form of discounts for monies paid toward your very own product?

#17     Mar 21, 2012
  8. Yes, I work for MC. It states that clearly in one of my previous posts. I agree that written agreements mean nothing if there is no desire to honor them by the people creating the agreement. However, it is our business practice to always honor what we say, otherwise our reputation would be in the dumps a long time ago. DRM is the only effective method of fighting piracy, which allows us to continue developing and releasing free upgrades for people that actually pay for the product. If you don't believe the promise, there is not much I can say to change your mind.

I don't understand your last question, but I think you are asking why purchasing one license doesn't count toward another license. It's just not something we've implemented. You can talk to our sales dept regarding pricing for more details.

#18     Mar 21, 2012
  9. #19     Mar 21, 2012
  10. Yes, I have already paid $300 for a 3 month run. You barely give a credit towards a full license for the $300. Then your sales people admit that this small credit is given to everyone off the street. What???

#20     Mar 21, 2012