Lowest IQ state also the most conservative...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Feb 25, 2011.

1. You lose the bet.

#31     Feb 27, 2011
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Sorry, I don't trust you on your word.

#32     Feb 27, 2011
  3. Sorry, but you lost the bet.

#33     Feb 27, 2011
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Again, your word is meaningless to me. Also, you would have to acknowledge that you are a certified moron to overlook the regional and cultural effects that impact IQ. It doesn't surprise me that you don't have the analytical ability to break the data set down and do further analysis to see what the data is actually showing. Like maybe a good trader would do. Hey, I'm trying to give you some credit here and say you are not as dumb as you claim to be by winning the bet, but maybe you really are that dumb.

#34     Feb 27, 2011
  5. You lost the bet.

#35     Feb 27, 2011
  6. Being unaware of your racism (as you evidently are )is even worse than openly admitting the bias.

#36     Feb 27, 2011
  7. I'm aware of racism, but race never came into my mind when posting the OP.

The only thing in my mid was the low IQ of Mississippi, and the status as the most conservative state.

It was not a race issue in my mind, and still isn't. It is a mentality of the south, where education is not emphasized. Dixie, the Bible, and conservative values are more important than education and progressive issues.

Is the relationship between education and political party a spurious relationship? Perhaps...as there uneducated democrats and uneducated republicans, but the drive to see that everyone gets educated to improve their lives and improve the society as a whole is not generally considered high on the republican platform.

The South fell, and remains fallen to a great extent because education is not put as one of the highest values, and a function of society and governments to ensure that "no child gets left behind."

China and India are making a big push for education, spending government money in that area, because they know that mass education is going to be necessary to maintain their growth forward.

America? We cut education and fund more needless wars...and people wonder why Americans are being so dumbed down...

We are in a severe economic crisis, and goobers are focusing on abortion, gays, and social issues, we have Texas rewriting history in textbooks, leaving out Thomas Jefferson which just continues the dumbing down...the focus is for the republicans is on a misconception that a return to 18th century white male dominated good old boy system will restore us to previous dominance...not the economy.

It is just indicative of how we are moving backwards...nor progressing, and why China and India both stand to move forward because the understand the value of education...and America stands to move backwards because of the regressive movement by the reactionary right wingers.

#37     Feb 27, 2011
  8. jem

jem

says the man who specifically spews his venom at white christians.

#38     Feb 27, 2011
  9. Not all white Christians, just right wing in name only white Christians who don't practice what they preach, put greed as a cherished value, want to deny the rights of gays to marry, etc. I feel the same way about Clarence Thomas and Michael Steele though, so it is not based on race.

It is based on ideology and the politics of those who would seek to control others and their rights on the basis of their religious thinking.

I want a secular nation, to protect the religions freedoms of everyone, no matter what their religion is.

I don't like the move in this country to fascist dogmatism and religion being the foundation of our decisions making. Reminds me too much of Islamic countries, where the uneducated masses in those countries are manipulated and controlled by the theocratic leaders.

#39     Feb 27, 2011
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Let me get this straight, to make a point about the south and how conservative it is, you pick the blackest state in the country. The state that brought us Jim Crow laws. The state where until the 1960's black and white kids didn't even attend the same schools until the supreme court ruling of Brown vs the board of education mandated that blacks and white be allowed to attend the same schools. However up to this day, MS remains a very segregated state. Most black and white kids still are segregated, the education system is a mess because of this as most whites are getting a great education in the private school system while blacks are graduating from public high schools reading at the 5th grade level.

Of all the red states you could have picked, are you telling me you are oblivious to the history of MS and its racial problems? Are you telling me you were not aware that even in schools where white and black kids both attend, that they have separate black and white proms as was highlighted recently in a documentary done by Morgan Freeman for HBO? Are you serious?

A guy who claims to be so astute on politics and history and yet you ignore all these facts to point out how "dumb" they are and expect us to take this as a shot against white conservatives? Are you out of your f*cking mind? I mean you could have picked any number of white red states with a low IQ to make your point, instead you pick the state with the most blacks and the most violent history on racial issues and the most segregated state even to this day in the country.

Something is not adding up. That is a far reach that I'm suppose to believe that "race" never entered your mind.

#40     Feb 27, 2011