lowest commision on ES please

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by londonkid, Jul 8, 2012.

1. londonkid

londonkid

I still think you should apologise for the above. This guys has done some decent research on the different routes.

see http://donmillereducation.com/journal/category/commission-rates/

and attached spreadsheet.

it is perfectly possible to trade for 21c per side in CME fees (inc. rebates) so I would need to find a prop firm that offered 29c per side commissions to come in at $1 per RT. I am sure they are out there if you have a solid track record and can move the volume for a split. and know I am not including software costs as that would be dumb.

#21     Jul 8, 2012
  2. londonkid

londonkid

lololol. I just read your earlier post where you said you could get 58c RT without negotiating, so basically add in your 42c exchange costs and there you have your $1 RT all in.

you def owe me the apology now for being a jerk.,

you are saying without negotiation so it sounds like it could be possible to get 80c or 90c RT!

#22     Jul 8, 2012
  3. Part of the confusion is the jargon you use since you come from equities. Just go to a broker not a prop firm to get those commissions, which you will most likely get because you said you can do 10k or more a month. The leverage is already built into futures. You do NOT need a prop firm if you have your own capital. Apply for the waiver to the cme, which is a one time 2k fee. Problem solved

#23     Jul 8, 2012
  4. londonkid

londonkid

you are most probably correct in that I use jargon from equities as I said from the outset I dont trade futures. It's still not on that some jerk comes out and calls you an idiot then it turns out he is wrong. just goes to show you how messed up some people are. ho hum.

yeah I was just reading about CME waivers, I dont know about that as I DONT trade futures. lol

I will look into it and post back.

#24     Jul 8, 2012
  5. Get used to it. I am not a Jerk, but you are a certified Idiot. As such, calling you one - is most likely an insult to MOST idiots as you are worse, but it still is the truth.

Btw., you all forget that a 20 cents per side- even 30 cents - does not include trading itself. Most FCM do NOT handle orders for that price, and a decent trading partner costs on top (likely around 10 cents per side for that volume).

Plus into all those nice discount costs you totally forget to put in the FIXED FEES.

Someone nicely pointed to http://www.donmillereducation.com/CMELeaseCompare.jpg saying that with discounts one could trade for 21 cents per side total comission. Did you also see the part where this was 15000 average PER DAY. That is 15000. This is a monthly volume of 600.000. Gratulations.

#25     Jul 8, 2012
  6. londonkid

londonkid

This is why you have to go through a prop.

So cut to the chase what rate is possible all in.

#26     Jul 8, 2012
  7. You can get CTS' T4 for $500/month, CQG for $575-875/month, or X-Trader for $1,000/month since you will only need one exchange at a time I assume. Even using the $1,000/month fees for front end, that is $0.10 a roundturn assuming 10k/month. Platform fee effects the bottom line less and less the more contracts you do.

#27     Jul 8, 2012
  8. From Rebate Trading Thread:

http://www.cmegroup.com/company/membership/international-incentives.html

New Trader Incentive: 25,000 R/T free of charge
    CTA/Hedge Fund Incentive $1.28 R/T
    International Incentive Program eMini's $0.98 R/T

See if you can qualify for both International Incentive and New Trader Incentive programs. 9 months or 50,000 sides free and < $1 R/T after.

Eligible Firms: Proprietary trading firms and trading arcades located outside of North America and traders located outside of North America are eligible for the IIP. They will receive discounted fees for all electronic trading for qualified products and accounts of the proprietary trading firm or trading arcade conducted in accordance with CME Group policies.

Ineligible Firms: Hedge Funds, Commodity Pools, Banks, FCMs, Brokers, Broker/Dealers, Commodity Trading Advisors, Introducing Brokers, Spread Betting Firms, Asset/Investment Managers, Pension Funds and other firms that hold and/or manage third party funds are not eligible for the IIP.

9. What firms qualify as proprietary trading firms for IIP?
    As defined by CME Group, a proprietary trading firm is a legal entity that trades its own capital. Trading funds must be exclusively firm funds and all trading must be done in the firm’s accounts. A proprietary trading firm is a legal entity in which:
    • All trading must be done in proprietary trading accounts held in the name of the firm.
    • All trading must be done electronically by owners, employees or contractors of the firm.
    • Only the firm’s capital can be at risk of loss; that is, no traders may make any trading capital contributions or payments to the firm nor have any capital at risk in connection with their trading of the firm’s proprietary accounts.
    • All trading must be solely for the benefit of the firm. No other individuals or entities can have any ownership interest in these accounts.
    • All funds contributed to and traded under the firm are subject to loss from any and all trading activity of the firm.
    • All profits and losses of the account are booked to income of the firm.
    • Net profits of the account after the distribution of trader incentives and deduction of expenses are taxed to the firm.

#28     Jul 8, 2012
  9. londonkid

londonkid

Hi Mr Bonds

If would be grateful if you could let me know where I can trade for 30c or lower per round turn commission for 10k+ volume, that would be a good deal as I can get the exchange fees down to 21c per side. That makes 72c all in, an exceptional deal.

#29     Jul 8, 2012
  10. You really do not know?

Homework time. Mirus is adversiting rates down to 29 cents per side.

Don't you read the banners that pop up? ;)

http://www.mirusfutures.com/brokerage_services/commissions/professional_rates

Requirements: 5000 contracts.

#30     Jul 8, 2012