Low Wages: Right pill for the US Economy

Discussion in 'Economics' started by toc, Aug 16, 2011.

1. WRONG, WRONG, WRONG.
    Government employes proven to be less than HALF as productive as private sector workers.
    Theoretically, if half of those govt workers were laid off, it should produce 20 million jobs in the private sector.
    Right now the US economy is shackled by too many high paying govt jobs. Go down to Alexandria and check it out....there's a bimmer in every other driveway.

#31     Aug 18, 2011
  2. #32     Aug 18, 2011
  3. toc

toc

Bottomline is to cut the slack which means both laying off and cutting wages. end of it the 'business entity' will become more competitive and profitable. :D

#33     Aug 18, 2011
  4. Yes but at the time we imported them we did not have 30MM Americans out of work

#34     Aug 18, 2011
  5. You are ignorant

What is the meaning of US citizenship if any Indian or Chinese or any f the 6.5 Billion people can take the jobs away from me just because they have specific right experience or education?

What is the meaning of being proud of being an American or what is the meaning of the borders surrounding USA then?

I don't want these workers chosen among 6.5 BN people by greedy corporations competing against me. They have no right breathing in my country, working where I supposed to work, earning what I supposed to earn.

My parents, ancestors build this country, not theirs, my ancestors fought WWII and defend the borders not theirs.

Defending a foreigner against an American citizen's rights and well being is a TREASON if you ask me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#35     Aug 18, 2011
  6. Look at these kids who are on Work and Travel Visa. who are these people and who let them in and why are they taking the jobs from American citizens?

These kids are employed for probably $7.35/hr and US Govt is paying billions of dollars to unemployed Americans who should work in these jobs and pay taxes rather than collecting har earned tax dollars.

The whole system is fucked up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/18/us/18immig.html?ref=world

#36     Aug 18, 2011
  7. member

The root of problem is the lack and boycott of free markets. Economies of the Far East abusing western economies traits like openness and highly civilized approach of doing business. (Chinese stock frauds , Korean and Chinese currency manipulation, technology and job theft, cyber attacks.... which practices and traits are natural to those foreign cultures...)

#37     Aug 18, 2011
  8. That would be LOBBIESTS....aka "sharpie Lawyers"....hired by large corporations. They effectively let them in.
    Other people of influence like Gabriel Gifford.....were all for this.
    http://programmersguild.blogspot.com/2008/03/us-rep-gabrielle-giffords-targets-us.html
    She was "influenced" as well.

#38     Aug 18, 2011
  9. I've always voted for lower taxes AND more spending. It's not exactly what I want but it's the only way I can voice my desires.

I want the government to be more productive with whatever tax dollars they take from me.

I want to pay less taxes AND to get more out of the government. I think this is a reasonable request given the (relatively) unproductive and overpaid workers they employ.

#39     Aug 19, 2011
  10. zdreg

zdreg

government jobs sap the strength of the private sector. most of them should not exist in the 1st place.
    welfare checks and unemployed checks for laid off government workers as well as others should be reduced and limited in duration. a 99 week holiday is ridiculous.

#40     Aug 19, 2011