Low-Volume Swing System Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by zorak, Mar 24, 2003.

1. zorak

zorak

Code:
    4/1	-2.25%	1.73%	-0.26%
    Total	3.03%	-0.49%	1.27%

I'm going to stop this journal, and begin a new
    one that takes some of TrendFader's suggestions
    into account.

I'll continue this one if there is any interest, or
    I may pick it up again after awhile.

zorak

#31     Apr 1, 2003
  2. man

man

I agree with Trendfader. Though smaller stocks are more inefficient, thus open more opportunity you simply cannot seriously short a 20 Cent stocks. Once in a while you will be blown out so horribly on a single trade, that you can forget the stable profits made up to then. It's like shorting naked options.

Looking forward to your new thread. And I think the paperresults need not at all be that impressive. 1% per day is way too huge. by compoudng that would be 1177% p.a.. I assume the strategy will continuously suffer from more efficiency in bigger stocks, but if it makes 0.2% a day, that would still account for 67% p.a.

peace

#32     Apr 2, 2003
  3. man

man

one other thing, i have in mind, but did not find time to work on, is playing the different probability shape for small and big caps. by that i mean that you will not see Coke quindruple, but maybe some small stock. But both cannot fall below zero. Thus I have a different distribution shape. If I only buy small caps, thus avoid the higher danger of a short squeeze, and short the big caps, maybe only dow names or sp100, than I could profit.

Ever thought of that? Mixing up the lists?

peace

#33     Apr 2, 2003
  4. zorak

zorak

I moved this to my new journal, here:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=233021#post233021

zorak

#34     Apr 4, 2003