Low volatility markets?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by saga273, Feb 26, 2008.

1. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Saga, your problem with the market order fill is due to TS bad quality of datas... Even on the T§S...

I use TS and it happens to me every day. The market got to your exit point, but TS just didn't report it.

I also use IB and I can compare the 2 feeds in real time. IB just got a lot more sizes in the DOM and a lot more transactions reported.

Conclusion: TS Datas are really crappy

#21     Feb 27, 2008
  2. saga273

saga273

You are right, it really was confusing me and like I said I did not even see it in the Matrix(DOM). Because I do not want to scalp every day I will be moving over to IB because I hear good things and they have a GTC for futures. That is one of the reasons I could not get out of the Wheat trade. I had to manually enter my order in the next session.

#22     Feb 27, 2008
  3. maxpi

maxpi

The Dow Mini [YM] is a very good place to start. $5 a point, enough activity in the regular session to ensure it's tradeable, free data too.....

#23     Feb 27, 2008
  4. pkts

pkts

Wow, why do you TS guys put up with this crap? I use IB and the data is always good. Sure its aggregate but its ACCURATE. Plus, no GTC order on futures!!??!?! What the F do position traders do?

#24     Feb 27, 2008
  5. absolutely right, I know people that make a living trading the mini dow solely. its a great place to start out

#25     Feb 27, 2008