LOW STAKES POKER

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Buy1Sell2, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Vast majority of these players overvalue their hands and will carry marginals all the way to showdown. They will also bet with pratically nothing.

2. 'So, we snatched victory from the jaws of defeat.'

who does this sound like? not from someone that plays reasonable odds?

3. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Last night, I was on the button in 6max and I bet my pair of Jacks in an unopened pot. The other player just called. The flop then came JT3 rainbow and the other player bet into me with an all in. I had no choice but to call. He showed KK and the turn and river were no help to him. It's always better to play in position.

4. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

This evening, I had QQ from the cutoff and made a 3xbb bet. I was called by UTG. The flop came QA3 rainbow and he shoved all in. I had no choice but to call as I had a set of queens. The turn was another 3 and the river was a ten. Guess what---he had Ten Three (T3) for his hole cards.

5. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Open limping not generally a good idea in poker, but in low stakes it can work when you have people overvaluing hands after the flop and betting way out of position.

6. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

A lot of folks think that beating low stakes players is difficult but that is not the case at all. While it is true that it is nearly impossible to put them on a hand, you can certainly get paid off when you have the best of it. The best way to play this type of poker is to play quality hands in position and vastly overbet the pot. If they come over the top, you can fold but more often than not, they will call and not have it and you will be rewarded.

7. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

For example, a player at a micro 1/2 game will thinking nothing of seeing the flop by calling a 6 cent bet, but they will likely fold an 18 cent bet. Or they will call with marginal holdings . Either way you have what you want. You've whittled down the field and isolated the donk. --or you have won the blinds and any dead money. Don't let wonks see the flop or any cards cheaply. Splash the pot big.

8. maler

maler

These tables are filled with calling stations so tight play is rewarded.
    Play several tables at once cause it gets boring waiting for good hands.