Low risk way to make a 66% return (unleveraged) in 2012

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ghost of Cutten, Feb 15, 2012.

1. So buy the rumor and sell the news?

Okay, that is solid.

#51     Feb 16, 2012
  2. Okay, maybe is was a slip.:D

#52     Feb 16, 2012
  3. JamesL

JamesL

Yeah, figured is was a clown slight thing.

BTW, madcow is wrong - Romney will not be upstaged by an equal or better coiffed running mate. He needs someone who looks like a number 2, like a Christie, but he (Christie) ain't gonna be it. He also needs someone with foreign policy experience - someone who can see Cuba from his/her house is not going to cut it this time.

#53     Feb 16, 2012
  4. GTS

GTS

Since it seems you can short on Intrade you should short sell "Obama To Win" at any price above 60 and buy to cover on the dip that will come...guaranteed profit without any election result risk?

#54     Feb 16, 2012
  5. Max E.

Max E.

Why tie up money for 5-6 months on a trade thats only going to be worth 5 points if im correct, potentially could be worth zero(also if im correct), and has an outside chance of blowing up?

I bookmarked this thread, and we will come back to it, and see if you can get 60 or lower right after the VP pick.

#55     Feb 16, 2012
  6. +1.This and your foreign policy views are spot on :cool:

#56     Feb 16, 2012
  7. I'll bump the thread when it hits 55 :)

#57     Feb 16, 2012
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Ok but

1) that wasn't the question you avoided answering
    2) do you even have an intrade account?

#58     Feb 16, 2012
  9. 1.I don't have to trade to make political predictions.I do follow presidential polls including Intrade and post about them on ET.I'm sure you have seen a few of them

2.Yes I have an Intrade account since 2008 .Currently no bets but I will bet on Obama in the future,no need tieing up capital this far out

#59     Feb 16, 2012
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Of course not, but you were suggesting a "trade" as much a prediction.
    Far too many of them if you ask me, but then you didn't ask me.

Keeping your powder dry so to speak. Thumbs up.

#60     Feb 16, 2012