Low minimum Futures broker?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by GatorTrader, May 21, 2004.

1. Any brokerage with a minimum of less than $2k? This way i can open an account and learn to trade minis. I know I should try demo first.

2. Transact Futures

Transact Futures Transact Futures

Gator,
    To be honest you need more in your account to start. Instead of doing the e-mini's you should look at the $5 DOW on the CBOT. It is a smaller tick, smaller exchange fee but you get the same movement. If you put in 5 grand I think it will give you a little room to learn. We do not take anything less then $10,000 accounts but the broker you do find for that small account should tell you the same thing.

Good luck,
    Rich

3. If you can learn before your 2k runs out, I'll eat my hat, shorts or anything else you care to suggest.
    Good luck.

4. You can trade forex with just 1 - one - dollar.

www.oanda.com

5. Gator,

I think you will be hard pressed to trade any futures with less than 2K, yet with 2K you can open a small account with Advanced Futures. I am more than happy to help you out with the process. As "transact" stated, the mini-Dow is an excellent product to trade, for the tick size is only $5 compared to $12.50 on the mini-S&P. Although on a strong day you can see the mini-Dow move close to 200pts, so you still have to be careful.