Low Latency Market Making

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by HFTrader393, Jul 16, 2012.

1. no, not at all, this game, I think, is long over. Plus you can attempt to play it now but most likely get booted off the ECNs, your broker,... very soon after.

But its a highly profitable game on the prop sell-side (if that still exists ;-) I remember to have frequently grossed 100k-200k USD out of brokers (equity derivs) by arbing one against another. If you play it smart and mask your trade, and as long as you NEVER do such with your long standing and favorite broker contacts then one can get away with for a pretty long time. Its perfectly legitimate its just that your counter parties most likely refuse to trade with you by widening their spreads as soon as they find out. I remember the equity derivatives sales head of GS having called several times to plead on behalf of his sales person to let them out of the trade because they "mispriced" the trade. After the 3rd time having my boss listen to their wining he got so pissed he instructed all of our team to drop GS as our trading counter party.

#11     Jul 17, 2012
  2. Surfeur

Surfeur

so stat arb ? on equity Okay but i don't know how work on fx...

#12     Jul 17, 2012
  3. no its not related to arb, not in your sense of the definition anyways. Please do not ask further because I do not want to discuss it, sorry. I mentioned it to clarify a point someone else made earlier, not in order to brag or invite a discussion about my strategies.

#13     Jul 17, 2012
  4. Surfeur

Surfeur

Ok sure i understand, I was just to know what current type of strategy could be +8 sharpe ratio on HFT :confused:

anyway cya :)

#14     Jul 17, 2012
  5. most are, many 10+...

#15     Jul 17, 2012
  6. What brokerage avenue will go with for such high frequency strategy?
    If Currenex, what is the best Currenex out there?

#16     Jul 17, 2012
  7. there are tons out there by now, EBS, Reuters, hotspot, currenex, fxAll (now Reuters), and countless others.

#17     Jul 17, 2012