Low-effort thinking promotes political conservatism

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lornz, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Some of those "science stuff" theories, speculations and conjectures take a lot of effort to believe as well. For those objective enough to see that's what they really are anyway.

#41     Apr 10, 2012
  2. That's just non-sense, but think whatever makes you feel better about yourself.

#42     Apr 10, 2012
  3. Brass

Brass

And research. And study. And understanding. I can see why you would prefer a cold beer and a good bible story instead.

#43     Apr 10, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Just a cold beer thanks, I've heard all the bible stories before.

#44     Apr 10, 2012
  5. Yes science takes effort. Critical thinking takes effort. Conservatism is, by definition, resistance to change and philosophically, "staying put". Having to think critically, and in a nuanced/grey-areas way, both requires a changeable mind and more effort. Choosing black or white is much easier than judging shades of grey.

#45     Apr 10, 2012
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

You're really full of yourself aren't you.

#46     Apr 10, 2012
  7. . :) .

#47     Apr 10, 2012
  8. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I would say he is full of shit but what do I know? I'm just an actual scientist who makes a living at it and occasionally does a stint in finance at a bank or hedgefund.

Then I take a look at ET and see futurecurrents yammering about critical thinking. The guy just doesn't know what he doesn't know Lucrum. I've lost a few friends in aviation who had the same know-it-all attitude. I'll bet you've seen a few folks make fatal mistakes as well.

#48     Apr 10, 2012
  9. Yeah, maybe, aren't we all.

Your response didn't take much effort did it.

#49     Apr 11, 2012
  10. Well lets just say, you are low hanging fruit.

#50     Apr 11, 2012