Low-effort thinking promotes political conservatism

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lornz, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

I mean no one with credibility
    NO dumb ass I believe in individual liberty
    I believe I said MAYBE they shouldn't vote

And you're a prime example of a race obsessed loon in nursing drag relegated to third shift where, lets be honest, employers do not send their best and brightest.

#21     Apr 10, 2012
  2. Using critical thinking one can quickly see that this study is biased and wrong. It isn't "conservatism" that the individual falls back on rather it is their so called "default" setting. Do the same study with the same conditions in a bar full of homosexuals to compare...

Pretty sure that the study will conclude.. "Low-effort thinking promotes political liberalism"...

This is all crap made up by the left which constantly tries to prove how much "smarter" they are than the right... It's bullshit plain and simple. Also, no one ever said that conservatism is wrong in certain situations...

P.S.

I call BS on the alcohol part of the study... I've never met people who turned into prudes whenever they get drunk. If anything alcohol increases promiscuity.

#22     Apr 10, 2012
  3. That's $108/yr.

IOW... The Administration, but offering "free birth control"... is hoping to garner the majority of the female vote with $108 of OPM.

Sounds like a plan.

:mad:

#23     Apr 10, 2012
  4. Lornz

Lornz

I'm a libertarian bordering on anarchism (with a humanistic twist). However, I do enjoy observing the animals in this particular zoo.

I'm also not a moron. I've been tested by several doctors and I'm well into the top 1% on all standardized tests. That score translates to nearly 2.5 times the median IQ of a moron http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moron_(psychology).

#24     Apr 10, 2012

5. You believe in individual liberty and yet entertain the thought that 'maybe' women should not vote. Gentlemen, do you see the dissonance at work here?

I can understand your employer/employee dichotomy as you have no skills to be independent, and work WITH companies, rather than FOR companies. I am on third shift for a variety of very good reasons.:) When our night nurse quit, I quickly moved to replace her. I was on second shift at that time. I decide when and where I want to work, because I have an in demand skill.

You, cabbie, have to take whatever bone is thrown your way, and you do have my sympathies.

#25     Apr 10, 2012

6. These critters are a hoot aren't they:D :D

#26     Apr 10, 2012
  7. The abstract alone is a little fuzzy on the facts got anything else besides a black box of assumptions?

#27     Apr 10, 2012
  8. Neaahhh... The verdict on Norway is that all Norwegians are morons... and gay...!

#28     Apr 10, 2012
  9. Lornz

Lornz

Yes, I think the "research" should be classified as dubious, but, then again, most of social "science" is just that.

There was a documentary series on this in Norway a couple of years back, Hjernevask (Brainwash), that simply tore apart the social scientists. It's 50/50 Norwegian/English (with interviews of quite a few American and British scientists (Pinker, e.g.)) and might be of interest to some:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KQ2xrnyH2wQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#29     Apr 10, 2012
  10. Great... Now I feel slightly bad about calling Norwegians morons and gay! :D

#30     Apr 10, 2012