Low cost futures software with volume candles

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by C-Town Mike, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Hello All,

I've been a long-time occasional viewer of this site, but I thought I'd join to ask for help with narrowing down my options for a (new) trading platform. What I'm looking for seems simple, but it's not as easy to find as I thought.

I'm looking for a low-cost charting/trading platform for futures that will plot candles by volume instead of time. Meaning, it plots a new candle whenever 5000 contracts trade, rather than one every 5 minutes for example. Once I got used to it I can't go back to 1-min, 5-min etc.

Web-based is preferable, but I can live with installed software if I have to.

Day/evening session highlighting or otherwise visually different at a glance.

I don't do any scripting or need anything too fancy. Simple drawing tools, multiple timeframes on the same layout. Basically what I assume the basics all platforms will have.

I know Sierra Chart will do this, but I'm looking for alternatives.

Tradingview is almost ideal, but as far as I can tell it won't do the volume candles.

Thanks in advance

2. Overnight

Overnight

NinjaTrader has them, I am sure many others out there do.

3. ZBZB

ZBZB

4. MotiveWave

MotiveWave Sponsor

MotiveWave has them.

5. Thanks, that looks very promising. I'd need at least the Trade level package, correct? It looks like more $$$ to get a lower level and add the module, yes? Unless I'm missing something.

6. MotiveWave

MotiveWave Sponsor

Volume Candles are part of the Trade Edition, so you wouldn't need any add-on Modules for that. You can create the free trial and then email Sales to have you switched over to the Trade Edition for the trial to test it out.

7. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

If you have a brokerage account or market data feed that NinjaTrader supports, you can use NinjaTrader for free to do what you want.

8. p0box4

p0box4

Multicharts.NET from AMP has volume bars and is free.