Low cost futures brokers for day traders

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Robert Weinstein, Jun 8, 2002.

1. Currently using IB and do like them for the most part. Would like to hear about costs with other brokers for the e mini's etc...

I do like that I can trade stocks and futures from IB but I am finding that the futures side offers me more opportunity.

I have read about some futures brokers charging a monthly fee and a much lower trade fee. As I am paying $4.8 per turn it would not take many turns per day to pay a monthly fee.

Thanks

2. MarkHyman

MarkHyman Advanced Futures

Advanced Futures charges $4.90 per round turn.
    There is a charge for the platform you choose.
    Go to the website to view the options on the 2 platfroms.
    www.advancedfutures.com

3. The only way to really pay less is to become a memeber trader for about $3,000 a month. That's probably worth 80 cents off each side or so. Those other firms give you 50 cents off each side but then you are charged $500 to $700 a month for the platform and/or you have a volume quota.

IB prices are rock bottom. There really isn't much left to take off since the exchange clearing house charges IB $1.10 a side to clear the trade.

You have to be doing MAJOR volume for any of this to matter.

4. josbarr

josbarr

We offer low commission trading including J-Trader.
    800 number broker back up is no extra cost.

jbarry@proedgeonline.com

5. Pabst

Pabst

For a small to medium trader no-one cheaper then IB. And in that price range no-one is as reputable and solvent as IB either.

6. Banjo

Banjo

How many contracts a month are considered medium , how many are considered large? Just curious about accurate info.

7. Pabst

Pabst

I think it would be tough for anyone trading less then a few thousand contracts a month to beat IB. I'd consider 250 sides a day to be a medium guy. Keep in mind that there are true scalpers in ES. These are guys who are going direct to Globex and trading a thousand a day. But for the average index trader who makes a few trades an hour I think IB is the ticket.

8. Banjo

Banjo

I average 15 round trips NQ's on ave.12 contracts daily = 1800 sides a week=7560 sides a mo. I'm wondering if it would make sense to lease a seat. Never really thought about it before but you guys are comming up with some interesting info.

9. the co-owner of e-local told me on the phone that once I start doing about 4000 sides a month or more, it makes economic sense to lease a seat. currently I probably do 2000-3000 a month I guess, and am being charged $3 per side.

yes, I know others are a bit cheaper, but not eveyone accepts canadian accounts, and elocal did at the time I joined.

10. Aranha

Aranha

>"The only way to really pay less is to become a memeber trader >for about $3,000 a month. That's probably worth 80 cents off >each side or so. Those other firms give you 50 cents off each >side but then you are charged $500 to $700 a month for the >platform and/or you have a volume quota. "

Dear All,

As far as I could understand, becoming a member (paying U$3.000 a month), is the cheapest way for those who trade high volumes, correct?

Even so, what would be the costs per side, considering that you are a member?

And, Does lease a seat mean the same as become a member?

Also, as far as I could find, this /www.advancedfutures.com is the cheapest available, isnt? Or is there any other one besides IB?

Thank you.

Regards

Raphael

#10     Jul 5, 2002