Low commission brokers around the globe

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Toshiro Mifune, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Hello everyone,

I have been trading equities and derivatives for many years especially in the Nordics and the US. Transaction fees in the Nordics are low, i.e. I am charged 1 bp commission on equities and no stamp duties are imposed on financial transactions in the region. I curious to expand my business and try new (exotic?) markets. Since my strategies are based on high volume/low margin, markets with stamp duties or excessive commission levels are usually disqualified.

Are there any low commission brokers in your region you can recommend? (except for in the Nordics and the US)

Thanks!

(If you are interested in trading my markets I would be happy to point out a couple of brokers I'm familiar with.)

2. Any low cost broker to trade US equities in your region?

3. If you are not a US resident, you can trade UK CFDs with equties as underlying without incurring stamp duty.

4. geedy

geedy

It is more difficult for US citizens to trade with brokers outside the region. Many foreign brokers do not accept business partnership with the U.S.

5. Sorry for this late reply. I would not use a broker based in the Nordics to trade the US - if a low trading fees are an important part of the offer. They would of course add an extra layer of fees. You should definitely use a local (US) broker for that.

6. Thanks. I am fully aware of the UK Stamp Duty but would prefer trading equity swaps at a traditional bank/broker rather than trading CFDs with firms as CMC or IG.

7. Don't know anything about that. I trust you are correct.

8. Is Interactive Brokers not a traditional broker?

9. I didn't know they offered equity swaps. Do they? Anyway, IB doesn't seem to be able to offer what I'm looking for. They definitely have the global reach (which is excellent) but their commission rates are not that competitive, at least on markets I'm familiar with. They charge 5 bps in Scandinavia while all active traders here are charged 1 bp (or slightly less).

10. geedy

geedy

You can always make more research on this, ask around or use Google if possible.

#10     Jan 14, 2019