low commission broker???

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Lt. Dan, Jan 11, 2006.

1. MB's website states that it pays 1.10%, not 3%. See http://www.mbtrading.com/intRates.asp

#21     Jan 12, 2006
  2. Choad

Choad

There is no contest.

When EVERYTHING is considered - Open API, Commissions, Markets, Trading Station, Options, Forex, TWS Improvements (yeah there are some growing pains), New Markets being added, etc, etc...the answer is simple: IB

#22     Jan 12, 2006
  3. Since you are having a memory lapse let me refresh it; In your post in which you were talking exclusively about IB and MBT you wrote
    "IB's superiority in the areas of commissions and order execution quality"
    Now once again how did you determine that IB is superior to MBT being that you have also admitted you are not a customer of MBT?

You made this "general warning" in a post that was a directly reply to my post in which you quoted my text. According to the normally accepted conventions of posting, you were in fact addressing me.

Nice word parsing. I said your statement about IB's order execution quality comparison had no basis, not that you are not able to make any comparison between IB and MBT whatsoever. While you may attempt to backpedal now and play semantic games your previous intent is clear.

Show me where I claimed that he would be affected by it. I simply mentioned that he should be aware of it since I (unlike you) do not know his trading habits. Since you're so big on keeping score, you just "lied" as you enjoy accusing me of doing.

You have no idea how active the original poster is. You seem to be all about supplying information and choices but the major omission of IB monthly fees simply slipped your mind? Funny that.

There is no proof in the original post that would back your assertion unless you personally know what "a lot" means to the OP. Its funny that you didn't assume that the OP would benefit from good customer service that you admit IB does not have. This thread is answering the OP question, right? Not just a soapbox for you to proclaim wide and far your love for IB.

Again, a blatantly false statement on your part. I never claimed this.

LOL, you sure take yourself quite seriously man. My information is "totally false" because I failed to mention SEC fees?

The OP asked for low-cost brokers and I threw out one. I hope IB sends you a gift for all your gracious promotion.

#23     Jan 12, 2006
  4. For those that choose to sweep their funds to a MM fund with the clearing firm (Penson) then the rate for December was around 3.2%. Note I said "around", please don't call me a liar again if it turns out it was only 3.19%. And yes they pay that on the full amount, not just the amount above $10k - very nice for the small investor.

#24     Jan 12, 2006
  5. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

I have my statement in hand. November 30, 2005. It's the Scudder MM Portfolio. Entry 11/30/05 MoneyFund 2.999% 11/01 - 11/30.

#25     Jan 12, 2006
  6. Winter,

your latest response to me, posted at 2:33 pm est, once again attributes statements to me which I did not make, and once again contains lots of false information, just like your previous posts in this thread.

I don't think it would be a worthwhile use of my time to continue making point-by-point rebuttals to your constant stream of false information. I think everybody can see that your assertions are not to be trusted. I will therefore leave you with just a general assertion that your latest response to me is also filled with false information.

#26     Jan 12, 2006
  7. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

That was my point from the start but Rockford seemed to not believe what we post. The 3.2% is $320 for a year. Enough to pay SEC fees on over $10.4 million in trades.

For Rockford's benefit:
    (1) 3.2% x 10,000 = $320.00
    (2) SEC fee = 0.0000307
    (3) $320/0.0000307 = 10,423,452.

#27     Jan 12, 2006
  8. The MB Trading website says it pays only 1.10%, yet others are posting that it pays much more. Perhaps the website was wrong?

#28     Jan 12, 2006
  9. Whatever you say chief, but one question before you go, are you really this much of a jerk in real-life or are you just having a bad day?

#29     Jan 12, 2006
  10. I can answer that one, let me put it this way....he's been having a lot of bad days lately.

Don-

#30     Jan 12, 2006