Low-Carb Diet Can Cure Type-2 Diabetes

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Baron, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Most bread has sugar and this is why it's higher. Your bread is without sugar I presume.---I agree --there are other ways to make bread

#51     Feb 27, 2018
  2. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Post a link on that. I would like to see.

#52     Feb 27, 2018
  3. https://www.foodforlife.com/product/breads/genesis-129-sprouted-whole-grain-and-seed-bread

Their Ezekiel 4:9 bread has a GI of only 36. I suspect the Genesis 1:29 bread is lower because it is heartier and contains seeds as well as grains.

(Yes, it's ironic that an atheist would choose a bread dripping in religion.)

#53     Feb 27, 2018
  4. Visaria

Visaria

#54     Feb 27, 2018
  5. JSOP

JSOP

Type-2 Diabetes CANNOT be cured after a certain point even with medication only in the VERY VERY early stages though strict NO-SUGAR, LOW-carb diet coupled with exercises especially weight-bearing ones, then yes the disease can be cured or at least effectively controlled even without medication.

Ultimately though, Type-2 Diabetes is a disease that is not managed by this diet, that diet, low-this, low-that or even medication. Type-2 Diabetes is managed and/or cured by discipline, EXTREME DISCIPLINE. We are talking about walking away and refuse eating anything that even has remotely ANY sugar for WHATEVER occasion. That means NO birthday cake, no chocolate, no sugar-substitute like honey, no nothing. Anything that has even ONE gram of sugar, you walk away no matter how much fun everybody else is having and/or gloating you to try it even at the risk of being ostracized and staying alone, not being able to share in any joy anyone else is having because face it, the world is littered and filled with sugar and there is no laws that forbids eating sugar vs. smoking. And eventually though once Type-2 Diabetes passes a certain point, you won't even able to to have those reserves or discipline to control yourself from eating sugar even with medication. The disease will MAKE the patient to WANT to, to reach out for sugary food. The medication towards the end doesn't really do much anymore and even if it does, its effects is not predicable anymore in that sometimes it would depress sugar level too low so at the end, that's how you eventually succumb to the disease by either having too high of sugar or too low of sugar. It's a very dreadful disease.

#55     Feb 27, 2018
  6. This has been proven not true via the Keto diet studies. There is a transitionary period of brain fog as body transition from burning glucose to burning ketones but this does go away as your brain does not distinguish and "prefer" one over the other. The real issue is most people cannot maintain a state of ketosis as there is just so many ways to fall out of it based on current diets. In fact most people go in and out of regularly simply to maintain the lifestyle longer.

Fun fact... what are the only cells that truly prefer metabolizing glucose for energy over ketones and only metabolize glucose?

Cancer cells.

That alone says a lot.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    #56     Feb 27, 2018

7. That is the problem. People should really try to avoid Type 2 to begin with once they are tested as pre-diabetic through proper diet and exercise and the pharma industry has created too many drugs to take the easier route and then cause multiple side effects. I am still amazed at the large number of people who take Lipitor and Crestor and never read the studies used to approve it or the side effects it causes without ever trying to control cholesterol through proper diet and exercise (not counting the tiny segment of the population that should be on it for a period of time).

#57     Feb 27, 2018
  8. I partially disagree because there are plenty of people diagnosed with Type 2 who have reversed it with significant changes to diet plus exercise. I do agree with your implied point that it should be prevented entirely when someone gets a pre-diabetic diagnosis but sadly people ignore the warning signs or avoid the doctor even.

Also people with early Type 2 and even further along do not have to go strict no sugar though it is better for them. Simply being better balanced and losing weght through exercise can allow for sugars as long as you keep testing annually glucose levels to make sure you are under control.

#58     Feb 27, 2018
  9. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

A good substitute for Metformin and perhaps more effective is Berberine. The jury is still out, but it looks promising.

#59     Feb 27, 2018
  10. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Yes, that's why they will shoot glucose through your body and it lights up when it reaches cancer cells because they hunger for it and grab it.

#60     Feb 27, 2018