Love this VIX rocket !

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by CALLumbus, Feb 5, 2018.

1. speedo

speedo

6 1/2 point range in the ES :p

#11     Aug 6, 2018
  2. destriero

destriero

Psst... NYSE, NDX are open for trading.

#12     Aug 6, 2018
  3. How has the thinner ranges in the ES affecting the bottom line?...

ES

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    #13     Aug 6, 2018
  4. speedo

speedo

Not after the first 45 minutes or so.

#14     Aug 6, 2018
  5. I guess you trade breakouts...no?

ES

#15     Aug 6, 2018
  6. speedo

speedo

No but I had a couple of pullback entries.

#16     Aug 6, 2018
  7. speedo

speedo

upload_2018-8-6_14-40-23.png

#17     Aug 6, 2018
    positive etc likes this.
  8. Overnight

Overnight

This is the most prescient statement I've ever seen on ET, wish I had seen this back in February. Man have I missed out on a fuckton of profits. #sad

#18     Aug 6, 2018
    CALLumbus likes this.
  9. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

Dont be sad man. Events like these come back, again and again. Not every day, not every week, but they come. And of course, we should also make gains on regular days, as often as possible. But sure, days like those we had in february and march can be especially profitable, if you know what you do. And: those days are fun as hell. There was nonstop action from the opening to the closing bell on many days, with the NQ jumping 10 points or more up and down within seconds, pretty often.
    Where have you been at that time, you were not trading then ?

#19     Aug 6, 2018
  10. Overnight

Overnight

No sir, I bailed with a loss at the 10% drop, and forced myself to sit out until at least Q3 to see how the markets behaved after said correction. Now I have witnessed it, and looking through historical charts, I see that since the two corrections through April, there was much action to be had. Hell, April Fools would have been a hell of a perfect long entry point to ride the wave, because it was a similar ride to what had occurred from X-Mas through January, but a bit more stretched out (NQ). I am still feeling pensive about getting back in even now, half-way through Q3, because we are nearing all-time highs again. And I really do not like going long at all-time highs. Tried it before...Hated it! lol!

#20     Aug 6, 2018
    CALLumbus likes this.