Love of the game

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by andrewbee, Jan 28, 2010.

1. commission (easily 25% of profit) + slippage + hesitation in entry/exit + delayed chart (1 tick) will make you lose in day trading even if you have an above 1 profit factor strategy. Flip entry/exit will not change that.

#11     Jan 29, 2010
  2. I use a monkey to help me trade. The monkey throws a dart at the wall before I take a trade. If the monkey hits the target on the wall, I go long. If the monkey misses the target, I go short. I have a 50% winners at the end of the day.

You have 8 losers in a row, you are worse than my monkey. :D :D :D

Seriously, if you have 8 losers in a row, it's not an issue of psychology, it's an issue of intelligence or/and eyesight. Take an IQ test and/or take an eye test at your local Walmart Vision Center.

#12     Jan 30, 2010
  3. You should try to grasp an understanding of randomness before you trade any further. :D

#13     Jan 30, 2010
  4. mikasa

mikasa

how can you write this and you posted this short while ago

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=186377

you lack intelligence

YOU

YOU LACK INTELLIGENCE YOU BOZO

#14     Jan 30, 2010
  5. Code7

Code7

How can you compare that with your monkey?
    What overall % winners can you conclude based on 8 losers in a row?

Too bad you don't trade anymore.

#15     Jan 31, 2010
  6. Mr J

Mr J

Every movement in price is the sum of all trading action at that time, and can only have that outcome, so no, it is not random. It only appears random to us because we are not fully informed.

#16     Jan 31, 2010
  7. I think if your commission is 25% of every trade, your target objective aim is way too low even for a scalper.

Either that or your trading capital is too low to try day trading.

Or that you are paying really high on commissions.

#17     Jan 31, 2010
  8. No, my friend, knowing information or not has nothing to do with randomness. Even if you are fully informed, you still have randomness.
    :)

#18     Jan 31, 2010
  9. Redneck

Redneck

au contraire…..

The market is not random – never has been…. The market is uncertain (every single moment of it)

But it will communicate its intention in a very clear and concise voice – always has….

However (and the real kick in the ass)

Each trader’s perception and interpretation of that voice (the mkt's intentions) – very well could be random.

Now obviously the solution to this conundrum does not reside in the market – never has – it lies within each of us.

But who among us has the fortitude, the perseverance, the willingness to effect the necessary change within to clearly hear the mkt's voice (rhetorical question because it will not affect me one iota)

RN

#19     Jan 31, 2010
  10. TheMan

TheMan

i am so tired of hearing

the market is random

no one can win at this

blah blah blah

the market is not random.

the market goes up when people are buying and when the sellers out number the buyers the market goes down. The market moves to and from other traders entries and exits.

if the whiners and naysayers would think outside of the box and treat the chart as a road map of other traders emotions, then we may be on to something

trading is a big game of poker----sometimes you trade your hand, but most times you trade the other traders hands

in a very simple nutshell ------- you just trade what is happening not what you think is going to happen

i have said this before, i have seen many others say similar things.

Everyone makes this way more complicated than it really is.

#20     Jan 31, 2010