love it, but lonely.

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by daytrade, Sep 27, 2008.

1. yeah, same problem here, and I've been at it over two decades. Thinking of starting up a trading office here in San Diego just to have people around all day. I don't trade as well around others as I get distracted and sucked into crappy trades all the time, but its getting to the point where I don't care anymore.

I am done with work at 1 pm here, but everyone else is at work. Its the one thing about trading that sucks.

#21     Sep 27, 2008
  2. Manage your time like a budget and an economy.

You put in some balance of social activities to get your life going. Make a calendar and plan a core structure. Instead of letting trading activities overwhelm your life - get some structure in there and budget yourself into social balance. Know your strengths - explore some new areas, diversify a little - invest in your time. Be smart about it...

:)

#22     Sep 27, 2008
  3. money can't buy happiness, this is very true. similar situation here.

all the best to you. :)

#23     Sep 27, 2008
  4. #24     Sep 27, 2008
  5. Remember - in the US a woman will take at least half of your fortune, and crush you personally in the process...
    So, choose wisely; the choppy market conditions and prescription drugs may be against you.
    :)

#25     Sep 27, 2008

6. Character makes a person in life. Some people don't know how to act. In social functions they don't fit in.When you are around your friends and family people don't want to hear about how much you made or lost. When work is done hit the switch and go have fun.

Your character you will build from your life experiences. Sounds like your character as a trader is sound but they are not the same(life/trader). My mentor was a solid trader and very wealthy but when he was near 50 he said i have all this money and if i write a book about my life i don't have much more to write about then money and trading. Wasn't with many women had friends but they came around because he had some coin.

Maybe you lost yourself and will bounce back. Go rent a ski house for the winter or in the summer go down to the beach. Good luck and this stuff will work out

When you do find happiness money makes it a lot more fun.

#26     Sep 27, 2008
  7. Buy a jet ski. You never see a person with a frown on a jet ski. Also go workout.

#27     Sep 29, 2008
  8. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I stop trading for 3 hours at noon , just to do sports with friends. Sport is seriously the best depression cure.

I also always plan something with girlfriend / friends for the WE so I don't stay at home and find myself working on trading strategies.

Recently I realized that I've been slightly depressed this year( it's rare for me ... ) although i had my best trading year...But I think it's just because my life is F... cool all the time and i don't remember the taste of real crappy things... Like when you're a child, all you want to do is go out playing with friends, but you have to wait in school doing nothing 2/3 of the day... That's more depressing if you're objective than trading for a living, making good money, doing whatever you want whenever you want...So, sometimes it's when life is too easy that you get depressed... So find new goals in life, do physical activity and all will be fine.

#28     Sep 29, 2008
  9. You've gotten some great advice here and hopefully your perspective will be refreshed. Let me add to and reinforce:

1) Gym - Go everyday, with a plan and/or personal trainer, set some physical goals (Lose x% body fat, etc.). Working out is simply good for the mind, body and soul. Working out without a plan/goal is like random trading worthless in the long run.

2) Join a dance studio/club. Learn to dance. Salsa dancing can be found worldwide and in many clubs. Challenge yourself to learn something new, you will enjoy the journey.

3) Random acts of kindness, do the unexpected and do it anonomously, all that matters is that you know what you did. It adds karmic value.

4) Teach someone to trade, seriously. The interaction of training will keep you thinking.

Good luck.

T_182

#29     Sep 29, 2008
  10. lpchad

lpchad

I read his blog. Google it if you are interested, he is very good.

#30     Sep 29, 2008