Louis Rukeyser passes

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by sammybea, May 3, 2006.

1. Completely agree. TV is dominated by rating hounds. Unlikely to be another like him....

#31     May 5, 2006
  2. drobin

drobin

Lou, great guy, great show, great guests will be missed dearly.
    :-( :(

#32     May 6, 2006
  3. nevadan

nevadan

LR: master of pun and deadpan, and a consummate gentleman. Gone but not forgotten

#33     May 6, 2006
  4. Louis' only near equal was credit analyst Ed Hart of the old FNN........Ed really knew the markets since he worked Wall Street as a kid delivering mail to Banks during the great depression, and worked up from there....

Ed knew he was dying and gave a unforgettable on-air farewell to the viewers

#34     May 6, 2006
  5. Hart9000

Hart9000

I watched him for years and probably took him for granted until he was off the air. The other shows did not fill the void.
    One of my fondest memories was early in the tech meltdown in 2000 when he opened the show wrapped in bandages and on crutches. Funny guy.

#35     May 7, 2006
  6. nlslax

nlslax

Geez, forgot all about Ed Hart. I remember he used to work with Bollinger on FNN.

Can't find anything about him online. It'a a shame someone like him doesn't even have a bio and pic online.

#36     May 7, 2006
  7. viewers who loyally watched him for years were rewarded by lou feeding them to the wolves, during the tech meltdown, as his parade of wall street shills said 'buy' all the way down, as their bosses were selling with both hands

bastard is now shovelling coal for the man he worshipped

the debacle exposed him for what he really was, not a 'friend of the small investor', but a smarmy (P)erma (B)ull (S)hill who used PBS as propaganda for wall street

PBS rightly fired him after the meltdown for what he did to their audience

Better late, than never

#37     May 8, 2006
  8. ScaleOut

ScaleOut

Agree. Rukeyser was a perennial bull even during the 85% sell off in the Nasdaq 100 in early 2000, along with the 50% loss in the S&P 500. He really didn't care about your money; he was only interested in feeding Wall Street -- along with his sponsors, your money. When the chips were down in the markets, he abandoned his followers without them even knowing it. Perhaps the greatest sham of the 20th Century in the financial markets.
    so

#38     May 8, 2006
  9. If you lost your ass because you were dumb enough to listen to something you heard on TV than you should not blame this man. He had a nice show, and was a nice classy man. His family should be proud, and I hope he made it to heaven.

Rennick

#39     May 9, 2006
  10. if 'you only have yourself to blame' for listening to him

then he wasnt a 'nice man'

cant have it both ways

#40     May 9, 2006