Louis Rukeyser passes

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by sammybea, May 3, 2006.

1. sammybea

sammybea

2. Surdo

Surdo

He was certainly a pleasure to listen to, R.I.P. Louis Rukeyser.

3. i learned a lot from him over the years.
    May he be in Peace.

--RS

4. The conservative, witty commentary will be missed. May the family of Louis Rukeyser receive my heartfelt condolences.

Somebody should suggest a moment of silence in the exchanges to rememeber and pay respect to him for his life of services to the financial community.

God bless you.

5. Maverick74

Maverick74

This is very sad news. His TV show "Wall Street Week" was the first show I ever watched about the markets. My condolences go out to his family.

6. rcj

rcj

Yes. I agree. An icon has passed. I watched, listened, and
    learned much from LR and his guests over the yrs. I always
    made sure that i didnt miss that opening commentary....no one
    else like him.

.. rj

7. It was his show, at a very early age, that introduced me to the markets. His passion for economics and the markets was very easily transmittable, and why not? Unlike some talking heads today, when he spoke to either his guests or the camera, he was really speaking to you. He was saying to us all "Hey, its ok to love this stuff, it ain't so confusing, trust me." Louis Rukeyser's wit disarmed ignorance, and his charm invited us into his world, which he openly promoted as our world. Personally, he is one of the few people in this world whom I can say I owe a great deal to. Sometimes when I hear that old saying about teaching a man to fish so that he may feed himself and his family, I think of Louis Rukeyser.

Rest in peace and God bless you, my friend, hopefully you're making double digit returns in the market in the sky.

8. newfool

newfool

God bless LR. May you rest in peace.

9. ChrisM

ChrisM

What a loss. His show was very inspirational when I started my market education.

May he rest in peace.

10. rest in peace Luis

#10     May 3, 2006