LOUD - breakout candidate?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Chagi, Aug 27, 2005.

1. Chagi

Chagi

I think that's a legitimate opinion, particularly if the stocks being posted are smaller cap, less liquid stocks.

#11     Aug 28, 2005
  2. Chagi

Chagi

I opened a partial position today at $1.01, LOUD was pretty stable today aside from the opening mark-up, pretty much settled down at the $1.00 mark on significantly lower volume than the big volume up day last Friday (Aug 26).

Today was another in a series of higher bottoms, I'm hoping to see $1.00 as a point of short-term support.

Edit - "Hoping" is probably a poor choice of words, what I should really say is that I want to see $1.00 as short-term support as an indicator of future strength, if it swings back through $1.00 by a significant amount I will lose conviction regarding the probability of a significant breakout.

#12     Aug 29, 2005
  3. Chagi

Chagi

Added to my position today at $1.04.

I'm still placing higher probability on upwards movement than down, but at this point it looks like the stock is still sorting itself out and deciding whether or not to continue to rally (I think that it will).

#13     Aug 31, 2005
  4. I'll buy some...after it closes above 1.07.
    have a nice day:)

#14     Sep 5, 2005
  5. Chagi

Chagi

Still holding my long position, though the price action this week will definately determine where I go from here.

$1.00 appears to be holding as an interim point of support, and I personally thought that Thursday and Friday of last week (Sept 1 & Sept 2) were pretty much useless trading days, light volume, no real direction in the stock.

I expect that the Nasdaq will be strong this week as oil (probably) pulls back. Only question mark right now is that I've read on a couple of tech news sites that both AMD and Intel are rumoured to be having lackluster quarters right now.

#15     Sep 5, 2005
  6. Chagi

Chagi

Closed my position today for about a 3% loss, stock was hovering around $1.00 on a strong day for the Nasdaq.

Can't really quantify it beyond the above, but the stock no longer feels "right", so I decided to close the position.

#16     Sep 6, 2005
  7. Chagi

Chagi

Oops, sorry, forgot to include exit price in previous post, it was $0.99.

#17     Sep 6, 2005
  8. #18     Sep 12, 2005
  9. Chagi

Chagi

Well, I've moved on for the moment, but it's still on my watchlist.

#19     Sep 13, 2005