Lou Dobbs on "Population Explosion" in the United States.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SouthAmerica, Aug 22, 2008.

#51     Aug 23, 2008
  2. I won't believe any of it until Oprah certifies its truth.

[​IMG]

Enjoy your new prez, homies.

#52     Aug 25, 2008
  3. Ditto.

Here' s my show on population explosion. "As long as screwing is more popular than dying, we'll have a population problem." Back to you, Bob.

#53     Aug 25, 2008
  4. The business community in the US is the least patriotic segment of the population. The corporations hire H1-B's that shove citizens aside for the plum jobs and the little businesses hire illegals because they have no legal rights to fight shitty, uneducated, untrained, bullying bosses.

WalMart is such anathema to some people but I admire them really, they take the cheap imported stuff and make it available to us and they hire citizens nearly 100%.

SA might be right about how many jobs could be done by machines but I recall trying to engineer a robot to do some assembly work, we found that the guy we were trying to replace was whiling away his time trying out the assemblies to match the parts for best fit, he could do that while chatting and it was going to cost millions in inspection equipment to replace that function he was doing when the assembly line was slowed....

#54     Aug 26, 2008
  5. .

August 25, 2008

SouthAmerica: I posted the following information on this forum in January 2007, but since then thousands of new members became part of the discussions on this forum.

This information also is relevant to the current discussion on this thread. Since that time robot and software technology has improved by many generations – if they were able to change things so fast 20 years ago then today they can change things at the speed of light.

January 9, 2007

SouthAmerica: Years ago when I used to work for American Cyanamid on its world headquarters in Wayne, NJ – I used to be a senior financial analyst on its international Chemicals division.

One of the senior financial analysts that also worked on our group he was an analyst for the Lederle laboratories division – another subsidiary of American Cyanamid at that time.

During the annual budget preparation he used to visit a major plant Lederle had in New York State. One year my friend went to that plant when he was working in the annual budget and he saw the entire operation and they had 7,000 people mixing all kinds of chemicals to produce Lederle’s drugs.

For some reason he did not go to that plant for a period of two years, but two years later he had to meet the controller of that plant when he was working in the annual budget. When he returned to our office he was in shock with what he saw at that plant, and he could not believe his eyes.

They had had a major lay-off at that plant and almost 7,000 people were let go – they were replaced with robots that could do the same job around the clock. He went to the same room were thousands of human beings used to work – most chemists – and instead of people they had all these robots, and the robots changed their own arms and replaced with new arms when the size of the tubes that they were mixing chemicals changed.

The robots could even work in the dark, and they did not need the lights on for them to do their jobs. They also did not need a vacation, sick days, overtime pay or healthcare benefits.

By the way, the robots did not drive the wages of Lederle laboratories workers down – they just eliminated the workers jobs forever.

And after that change there were very few people working in that huge plant doing the same job that were previously done by thousands of human beings.

Source: http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showt...20234&highlight=American+Cyanamid#post1320234

#55     Aug 26, 2008