Lou Dobbs on "Population Explosion" in the United States.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SouthAmerica, Aug 22, 2008.

1. .

FerdinandAlx: A situation you describe as 'oversupply' only occurs if a large amount of people are restricted from participating in the creation of wealth. This doesn't mean that there is an oversupply of people but an underutilization of their capacity to live prosperous lifes.

August 23, 2008

SouthAmerica: What is your excuse for the United States?

Today we have over 2.3 million people in prison in the United States more than any other country around the world. A big chunk of these people ended up in prison for lack of education and opportunities here in the United States.

We have about 4 to 5 million very well educated people on the prime of their lives (age 34 to 54) sitting on a daily basis in places such as Starbucks, Barnes and Noble, Panera Bread, Ducking Donuts, and Borders around the United States - and all these people are unemployed but on these places they look busy with their computer laptops and cel phones.

Most of these people are in trouble because they are restricted from participating in the creation of wealth – since they could not find jobs in the United States.

And here I am giving you examples about what people call – the land of opportunity.

How about in the rest of the world where opportunities are even harder to come by?

#41     Aug 23, 2008
  2. Mercor

Mercor

Southamerica is the king of copy&paste.

When, by mistake, I open his thread I can expect to do massive scrolling.

I dread your posts.

#42     Aug 23, 2008
  3. .

Mercor: Southamerica is the king of copy&paste.

When, by mistake, I open his thread I can expect to do massive scrolling.

I dread your posts.

August 23, 2008

SouthAmerica: I copy and paste a lot of articles and people know that it is a copy and paste since I give the name of the newspaper or magazine and I also give the link to where the information came from.

But you can see very clearly the portion of my posting where I make my comments about the copy& paste portion of my posting that you are talking about. Most of the time I am trying to save time to the readers instead of just giving the readers the link to the information. (Many times when I see links to information in some postings I ignore it and I don’t go to the link to read it unless it is something that really caught my attention.)

I checked many of your postings on this forum and I understand why you dread reading my postings.

By the way, are you capable of writing about any subject more than 2 or 3 lines at the time?

In one of your postings that I read you managed to write about four lines.

You seem to have a major problem writing more than four lines on any subject. Do you also have a problem reading about any subject that is longer than 3 or 4 lines?

You should stick with the comics since they usually have very short sentences - that way you don't have to stress your reading ability.

#43     Aug 23, 2008
  4. Mercor

Mercor

You must have Obamaitis

If you can't get your point across in several sentences then you have no point.

Also please learn how to Quote properly. It is very confusing to read your replys

#44     Aug 23, 2008
  5. .

#45     Aug 23, 2008
  6. I thought I'd come straight to the point.....

#46     Aug 23, 2008
    #47     Aug 23, 2008
  8. Some of you need to quit the hysterics and do some research
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Population_Bomb
    "A best-selling work, it predicted disaster for humanity due to overpopulation and the "population explosion". The book predicted that "in the 1970s and 1980s hundreds of millions of people will starve to death", that nothing can be done to avoid mass famine greater than any in the history, and radical action is needed to limit the overpopulation. "

Starve to death??? We have the opposite problem now, too many fat people :)

#48     Aug 23, 2008
  9. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

I think you guys think too much about things you cant change and most of you if not all will not be here for any of this.

EF

#49     Aug 23, 2008
  10. It gives them a great excuse to blame their poor trading results on.

#50     Aug 23, 2008