Lotto Mania: Jackpot almost 2/3rd of a billion

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Pretty good answer. Someone who knows they will never be able to earn millions of dollars still has "hope" of becoming a millionaire with the lottery.

Here is a little fun for you people that like Sal Khan. He made a video about the probability. He goes through the math involved.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gyqodNhM3EU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#11     Mar 30, 2012
  2. Did you buy a ticket ?

#12     Mar 30, 2012
    #13     Mar 30, 2012
  4. iprph90

iprph90

does anyone do delivery.....i will gladly pay 100% markup......i am paranoid about lines, especially when they start to turn around a corner!

#14     Mar 30, 2012
  5. wartrace

wartrace

I don't know why people wait in line. I was at the supermarket today and nobody was waiting in line at the service desk where they sell the things. Same thing with liquor stores- no lines there.....

#15     Mar 30, 2012
  6. just left a 7-11 to get a coffee.
    nobody, can get all the tickets you want no line at all.

#16     Mar 30, 2012
  7. It's kind of funny because before this year there was no tax on lottery winnings in Delaware but they just changed it to 6.75% .:mad:

Could I move to PA and then claim the prize? They have no tax.

#17     Mar 30, 2012
  8. Brass

Brass

Oh yeah, it would be so worth it. But be sure to hurry so that you're already relocated by the time of the draw. Step lively!

#18     Mar 30, 2012
  9. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Stupid Lottery machine didn't pick a single correct number. Total waste of a dollar.

:(

#19     Mar 30, 2012
  10. You can see with all this frenzy on the news how powerful "selling dreams" is.

Brokers/Vendors love it when people get that warm fuzzy feeling when they think about how much they will make from the market.

#20     Mar 30, 2012