Lottery Trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ElectricSavant, Nov 3, 2018.

1. I have been forward testing MAE and MFE for each time interval starting with 1/2 hour in Financial Futures without applying TA. My tests are not complete as I need to build a sample size.

Plotting them on a heatmap by time reveals the favorable excursion Vs. the adverse excursion.

Have any of you completed this time-consuming study and drawn any conclusions? You do not need to reveal them...just tell me if I am wasting my time.

Es

2. Turveyd

Turveyd

I trade entirely off MAEs have done for some years, m1 dax and m5 forex as that's really slowed down these days.

Whats an MFE?

3. If you know what a MAE is...then you would know what a MFE is...Perhaps we are not on the same page...

ES

4. Why just not use an acronym

5. rb7

rb7

He probably refers to 'Moving Average Envelope' instead of 'Maximum Adverse Excursion'.

Turveyd likes this.
  6. Turveyd

Turveyd

Ahhh correct, never heard of the other term.

7. TTT

TTT

People prefer to impoverish quickly rather than slowly enrich themselves.
    That is the main problem in trading.

comagnum likes this.
  8. zdreg

zdreg

the turtle wins the race as the rabbit after a fast start collapses from exhaustion. slowly meaning letting your money compound over long periods of time.

9. Turveyd

Turveyd

With my level of poor, not enough time in the universe to get rich.

Get to get to a stage of 1-20% profit repeated 10-20 times per day while giving back / risking 15% but not doing that often, very very rarely.

Or die trying!

ElectricSavant likes this.
  10. SunTrader

SunTrader

The other term ... is MAE and goes with MFE.

Moving Average Envelope is just that.

Just saying'.

#10     Nov 12, 2018