Lots of short sellers at 13,000 level.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by SteveNYC, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Gotta confession to make. I was in a band in highschool as well. Never a marching band, though. I chose an instrument that required less hot air: French Horn.

Hey Beau, my model sais I am going to have a million by the end of May! I have a little over $4000 right now.

#31     Feb 25, 2012
  2. He might play the triangle.

#32     Feb 25, 2012
  3. Have you seen his videos of him taping himself going down the hill on his rollerblades?

Beau! No blading down the hill with a Sousaphone! A triangle would be much safer!

#33     Feb 25, 2012
  4. But he's never fallen down when skating.

#34     Feb 26, 2012
  5. Well.... he's never taped himself falling down. I'd really enjoy the picture of him fallen ( uninjured) with the bell of his sousaphone covering his head.

#35     Feb 26, 2012
  6. I believe it was once called the Robbins World Cup of Trading last I heard about it in the late 1990's. It was heavily advertised in Futures Mag back then with full page ads.

#36     Feb 26, 2012
  7. LEAPup

LEAPup

Agreed.

#37     Feb 26, 2012
  8. traderchi128

traderchi128 Guest

I just remember reading there was some controversy. Not sure if I would put a lot of credibility into those kind of contests. Somebody could put money into an account...money they have no fear of losing...then take huge risks just to try and go for huge returns without caring if they blow out and lose everything.

Not entirely realistic.

#38     Feb 26, 2012
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

I agree.

#39     Feb 26, 2012
  10. traderchi128

traderchi128 Guest

While it sounds like a cool idea, these kind of competitions really don't hold any kind of weight in the real trading world. A guy like Williams could put up a few hundred grand in an account, leverage the hell out of it in futures, go for the kill and either make crazy returns or blow out. Doesn't really give any indication on how good a trader he is. While he is taking some"risk" , he probably only puts up money he knows he can piss away and it won't effect his lifestyle.

#40     Feb 26, 2012