Lost

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Jeannette, Mar 20, 2002.

1. alanm

alanm

Can someone help me understand how these rooms, systems, etc. work?

If the guy that calls the trade says buy KKD, and even 20 people jump on it for 1000 shares each, it's going to move away, right? Do they only call really liquid stocks, or limit their membership enough to ensure that the calls don't swamp the market for a less liquid stock? Does the guy calling the play get his trade done before he calls it (I certainly would)?

The same applies for trading systems. If you sell 1000 copies of a system, don't you run the risk of too many people trying to jump on the same signals, making them ineffective?

#11     Mar 20, 2002
  2. You obviously weren’t born yesterday haha.

#12     Mar 20, 2002
  3. You know what I find most of these sites' picks to be mediocre most of the time. Actually sometimes I think I could do better maybe I 'll set up my own site heck I need to raise money!

Short all you can here !

#13     Mar 20, 2002
  4. Damn , this market is just not moving
    I recently checked Millenium traders "performance" it seems like these guys never have a losing day averaging 5points + per day I wonder how they do it ...:)

#14     Mar 20, 2002
  5. Magna

Magna Administrator

Not being a rocket scientist myself, so I'm not sure on this, but one would think that anyone who could take 5 pts out of the market each day wouldn't need to run a chatroom?! In fact, in a matter of a few years you'd probably be challenging Warren Buffet... :eek:

#15     Mar 20, 2002
  6. seisan

seisan

Maybe Seanote could venture an opinion how some of those sites (not his) do it.

Consider that some of the other sites who have nonstop winners, just may get a nod and a wink from
    an (compensated?) insider at one of the large brokerages as to impending stock/sector/market manipulations...er.. movements......:eek:

Dunno....just a newbie....

#16     Mar 20, 2002
  7. Rigel

Rigel

If you're lost then don't trade.
    It's better to be lost than lost and poor.

#17     Mar 20, 2002
  8. Threei

Threei

Jeanette,

your first task is not picking the stocks to day trade. It's rather defining the method you want to apply. It will take time, it's not something that you just decide on because this method has to suit your personality and you are going to find it out over time.

I don't think you need to pick some stocks and start trading them. You need to read all you can find about different methods of trading. Do a search for day trading sites and read free materials posted there about system applied. There is going to be certain amount of of garbage and it will take time till you learn to tell the grabage from real deal. As first pointers, avoid those that claim huge % of wins, turning 10K into 100K in short period of time, promise "secrets of trading revealed" etc. On this stage of your quest your purpose is to define what time frame you want to trade in and what methods of reading are out there. Don't spend your money on anything at first, not on books, not on courses, not on chat rooms. If you decide to take free trials, don't trade calls, rather try to understand the method. Don't hesitate to ask questions and dismiss sites that won't answer them clearly. Observe stocks as they move trying to apply knowldge you gather wandering all over the Internet. Papertrade mehtods you pick and notice cases where they don't work trying to analyse what's happening, how different methods work in different types of market.

At this stage it's impossible to give more specific advice as it would require more specific questions from you.

This is written in assumption that you are totally new to this.
    This also wirtten because lack of meanigful answers is upsetting. Come on guys, newcomer asks for direction, and all she gets is old fights flaming in front of her (nevermind that she has no idea what this all is about), and meaningless advices like "pick stocks yourself" (hello? she is asking HOW) or "don't trade at all" (hello? anyone here was born with trading knowledge?)

I don't mean to patronize anyone, but I really think that newcomer could count on more than that coming here for help.

Best regards,

Vad

#18     Mar 20, 2002
  9. Rigel

Rigel

Jeanette, If you are looking for a stock picking service you can be assured that you will find one that will take "real good" care of you. LOL
    Do yourself a favor. If you really want to trade then spend four or five hours a day studying for several months and THEN start trading small and work your way up slowly.
    Sincerely
    Rigel

#19     Mar 20, 2002
  10. Hey Jeannette,

BTW are you French or something ? cute username anyway
    Best bet is trading a basket, 3-10 volatile and popular, liquid names and have a larger watchlist from which you select each day a few candidates for day or swing trades for ex. You can run scans to build the watchlist and you go from there.

#20     Mar 20, 2002