Lost undocked window, how to get it back....

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by maxpi, May 21, 2008.

1. maxpi

maxpi

I was running Openquant, the Solution Explorer window was undocked, I had to shut the program down and could not get it to shut down, it was not responding, so I had to shut off the power to the computer. I think there might have been a conflict between Openquant and an automatic backup software...... When I restarted the computer and pulled up Openquant I can't find the undocked window aforementioned. I can't make it appear by any means... is there something I could change in the registry or a file I could rename or something?? The alternative, from my past experience, is to format and reinstall windows. I have a couple days to fix this so I thought I would find if there is a quick way to fix this, it's sort of a general problem related to undocked windows more than Openquant maybe, and maybe somebody with programming in windows environment can steer me in a good direction........

Edit: I went to Control Panel - uninstall programs and did a repair, nada...

Further Edit: i renamed all the folders one at a time, did the repair thing from control panel, no diff at all. Ths software is not very dependent on the registry for settings, there are only a few....