Lost time is worse than lost money

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by crgarcia, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Dear Assclown,

Show me one post where I have recommended day trading.

Immorality may well catch up with one later in life. However, you're proof that the effects of stupidity are immediate.

Best Wishes,
    Red :)

#11     Mar 29, 2010
  2. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

lol

#12     Mar 30, 2010
  3. Oh and I would like to know how anybody in the world thinks they can take a loan and immediately trade "leveraged etfs" the worst trading vehicle in the world. Ya if i was starting to trade i would take a loan (dumbest thing ever) I would trade heavily leveragfed products (dumber) in larger than 100 shares (dumbest ever)

Good post.
    Yes trading is total garbage and everyone that does what you do will fail.

I agree

MM

#13     Apr 13, 2010
  4. Leveraged ETFs are great for getting leverage without margin calls.
    Brokers bash leveraged ETFs because brokers want you to get stopped (generating commissions to sell). They also want you to margin your account (paying margin interests).
    All this leverd ETF decay is overstated.

You may place 30% of your account in a 3X ETF so you are only risking 30%, compared to 100% with a straight 1x ETF, or 200% with margin.

#14     Apr 13, 2010
  5. jem

jem

I completely disagree. I always wanted to be a pro athlete. I made a little bit a money to sort of say I was a pro, but I never made it in my mind. (and everyone elses).

Some of my friends sort of whispered I was a bit of a choke. That I should have been able to do better. I sort of agreed.

When I got infected by the trading bug. I spent 3 years getting to break even... 15 hour days studying and trading. It was a massive effort. I was concerned I was choking again. I would not have enjoyed life the way I do if I knew myself to be a choke.

When I finally had a good edge I made a good living for 5 -6 years. My edge went away and I had to do something else for living.

But, I will have the satisfaction... that I achieved one of life's major ambitions.

Daytrading is worth the time... if you are actually on a path which could lead to success.

#15     Apr 13, 2010