Lost Passwords Lost Fortunes

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by zdreg, Jan 12, 2021.

Would losing your password to fortunate cause you to lose your health?

1. yes

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. no

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  3. unsure

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Overnight

Overnight

So...No more secrets?

#11     Jan 12, 2021
    johnarb likes this.
  2. cesfx

cesfx

I don't own BTC but I have a small bet on altcoins with a mixed basket.
    All in paper wallet. Generated and printed offline. 5 copy for each wallet saved at home, work and abroad. Cache and memory cleaned before going online to fill them up with cryptos.
    Like taking any risk... You need to make sure you are not "fooled by randomness".
    This safe back up was relatively costless.

#12     Jan 12, 2021
    jys78 and johnarb like this.
  3. Specterx

Specterx

This is a horrible story. 220 million locked with two guesses left? Talk about psychological torture. Might drive me to insanity, if not suicide.

#13     Jan 12, 2021
    d08 likes this.
  4. Overnight

Overnight

Indeed. It's all fun and games until in a fit of paranoia you change all your passwords to "&U^@#RV O6yBF5680WQ#&I2G%6$!œ", write it down, and lose the post-it note.

#14     Jan 12, 2021
    jbusse likes this.
  5. 2rosy

2rosy

sell the iron key or drives. I am sure there is a market

#15     Jan 12, 2021
  6. Overnight

Overnight

The iron key IS a drive. Kinda stupid to invest in a device that self-destructs after 10 failed password attempts. Military-grade encryption? Da fuq was the guy thinking?

#16     Jan 12, 2021
  7. Turveyd

Turveyd

Only with unlimited tries!!!

He's got 2 so no different to any normal code, but with the 200mil cost of building a quantum PC to do this specific job, slightly faster.

#17     Jan 12, 2021
  8. S2007S

S2007S

If you you were able to trade bitcoin circa 2009 in 2021 using trading apps where you didnt need an actual wallet to store it many would still be bitcoin millionaires .....

#18     Jan 12, 2021
  9. S2007S

S2007S

Oh and these news stories always pop up when bitcoin is in a raging bull market and it seems when these stories do come about its usually the signal of another hyped up bull market coming to an abrupt halt.

#19     Jan 12, 2021
    Clubber Lang likes this.
  10. write the password on your forehead with a sharpie... or tattoo it. Every time you stare at yourself at the mirror you will know what it is. The people outside will not have any clue what those letters and numbers mean...

#20     Jan 12, 2021
    Turveyd likes this.