Lost Need Advice????

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by datstrader, Oct 1, 2008.

1. I would trade nq cash vs futures on a spread. Currenty trading es looking for over bought and over sold condition. How do I get a S&p 500 cash feed??

#11     Oct 1, 2008
  2. ammo

ammo

do you have a clearing firm,or are u using free delayed data and calling in your orders? if so,thats suicidal,like taking a knife to a gunfight

#12     Oct 1, 2008
  3. trading with clearing of course. LOL. Just looking for advice and would like to know how to get s&p cash quote??thanks

#13     Oct 1, 2008

4. How do you determine overbought/oversold? You might instead explore the idea of using a trend following methodology.

#14     Oct 1, 2008
  5. I tried jacks methods and just wasn't profitable in doing it. Any other ideas??

#15     Oct 1, 2008
  6. I trade on a feel and some bad indicators. I just need some advice on how to scalp the es market. Thanks

#16     Oct 1, 2008

7. How about applying MACD to a 5min chart and entering long positions in a market where a) MACD is above zero b) MACD is above signal. Inverse for the short side. And then setting up a favorable risk/reward relationship of at least 3 to 1.

That method would have allowed you to catch the move down in the ES a few hours ago and a 10 point profit.

#17     Oct 1, 2008

8. You just need to notice the programs that are there to skin the trader alive. When you are looking at the es trading you need the mentality of a video game player to notice the program(algos) and not fall for it. How many times will you let them punch you in the nose before you start blocking it? Your mind needs to be clear sharp and alert to see this. You have been trading for some time you should know that part of it. One trade at a time...

#18     Oct 1, 2008
  9. I watched it on my phone move lower tonight. What setting do u use on macd. Do u have any other indicators that would be good for a scalper. Thanks for your time

#19     Oct 1, 2008
  10. Could you please post some sample PA of these "algos" ?

Thank you

Daniel

#20     Oct 1, 2008