Lost money after DTN IQFeed "Free Trial"

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by pragmatic-trader, May 1, 2020.

1. This is ridiculous advise. This is the mindset of people that spend all their money on a car payment they can't really afford.

Every person I know with real wealth would fight to get back this 25 bucks and the more money they have the harder they would fight for it.

Hell, the richest guy I know moves his car twice a day because he is too cheap to pay for his buildings monthly parking fee. It is not even that much either and it is just nothing as a % of his net worth. Not setting money on fire though is a huge reason why he is the richest guy I know. This isn't rocket science.

In a business filled with posers and conmen it is understandable to get pissed at this but DTN are some of the good guys. No surprise at all they would work this out with you.

#11     May 3, 2020
    wrbtrader likes this.
  2. qaz

qaz

Here's a tip. Use a card like Revolut for online purchases in other currencies. In the event you get refunded USD it will be in its original value and you can change it back to your local currency at the interbank exchange rate if you wish to.

#12     May 3, 2020
    pragmatic-trader likes this.
  3. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I know you posted an update about you signing up for the wrong account when you thought you signed up for the account associated with the free trial...

Yet, when you said above that your credit care was charged $444 USD...does that imply you used a credit card from the U.S. or you were charged a different amount on your non U.S. credit card and that amount with the currency exchange equals to about $444 USD dollars ???

My point is that its standard policy with all financial institutions to charge a fee and/or currency exchange rate on money going from one currency to another currency.

Thus, that $25 you saw may be the cost you lost to bring the USD funds back into your currency especially if there's other middle man involved in that process.

wrbtrader

#13     May 3, 2020
  4. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

I am sure there are plenty of examples of rich people who do A, and enough others who do B. Being rich does not prevent you from being an idiot.

We all have limited resources. Time is the most valuable. If you have litte money, your focus should be on investing your time so it returns you something more than those 25 USD, especially if you are a trader.
    If you have already lots of money then what is the marginal utility of those additional 25 USD ? Wouldnt you prove your rational mind by investing your time into something with a much higher return ? A good trader with some capital will make 2500 USD with a single mouseclick. No sense to waste time for those 25 USD. If we talk non-monetary, there are for sure things even you would prefer to do with your time, if you have not completly lost your mind, than going after those 25 USD. Have some good time with your family, drive around in your car, have some fun with hookers, play black jack, hang out with friends...

This is all basic economic thinking and decision making, basic logical thinking. But it seems this is already too high for many here. No wonder most here are struggling with their trading...

#14     May 4, 2020