Lost Generation, wow sucks to be young today.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by noob_trad3r, Sep 22, 2011.

1. all I want know is when are we going to legalize pot?

Politically speaking that was my only aspiration.

Hope and change is a hassle.

#21     Sep 22, 2011
  2. Solid post. You got right to the heart of the matter in the second paragraph. The "Hopey McChange" vote, however, caught some well-intentioned independents or "reformists" in the cross hairs who naively bought into the load of bullshit rhetoric that was spewing at the time. The "Anti-Bush" vote also played a huge part. Essentially, every election has turned into an "anti incumbent" type of event and the temporary euphoria experienced when these dupes believe that things will actually "change".

My contention at the time was that a failed Hopey presidency; one in which he basically back pedaled on all of his "reform Wall Street" slogans would deeply alienate that younger voting block. The crap economy continues to do so. I have a slight (very slight) bit of optimism that these younger generations actually see that they are being used as pawns to continue to try and bail out and/or maintain these illusory asset values at the expense of the currency and the fundamental order of society as a whole.

I do suppose that there is some sort of irony in the fact that even after all of this borrow and spend, quant easing, suspension of MTM, fantasy accounting, that many asset prices are still stuck in a downward trajectory. We've literally been burning down the house to no avail.

#22     Sep 22, 2011
  3. Mayhem

Mayhem

Yeah, that, plus you gave us Crockett and Tubbs:

[​IMG]

And I have the nerve to complain? I am some ungrateful bastard!

#23     Sep 22, 2011
  4. don`t worry sissies,i`ve saved several positions at my local company for those who tired of the doomed country!

#24     Sep 22, 2011
  5. jo0477

jo0477

Agreed, best post in a long time! All these doe-eyed politically correct assholes wanted to feel good and tell their kids "I voted for the first black president"... and sadly enough, a lot of people for some unthinkable reason actually believed that "change" was going to happen this time (whatever that vague mantra was supposed to mean).
    And then... in kicks BUYERS REMORSE and the people that got swept up in the feel good Dem campaign are screaming for their votes back while the printing presses keep humming away.

A job well done Mr. President

#25     Sep 22, 2011
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

I saw a segment on the news a few night ago. The subject had recently graduated with a degree in international studies and a $100K in student loan debt. He was dumbfounded as to why he could not find a job. WTF is international studies anyway?

#26     Sep 22, 2011
  7. piss off you little shit. boomers owe you nothing and the more I hear nonsense like this, the more I understand why you useless lying slackers voted Obama in. Boomers ought to blame you, you mealy mouthed femme.

#27     Sep 22, 2011
  8. Need... more... popcorn

#28     Sep 22, 2011

9. Looks like my old duck hunting and fishing hole. One man's work is another's play.

#29     Sep 22, 2011
  10. yes, the problem with the world is kids today. We never had these problems before.

#30     Sep 22, 2011